Daniel Fesler joined Baker McKenzie in 1993 and was admitted to the Brussels’ bar in 1990. He was made partner in 2001. His areas of practice are IT/IP law, Copyright, Database rights, E-commerce and Data Protection. Mr. Fesler is a member of Belgium’s IP and International Commercial & Trade / TMT Practice Groups of Baker McKenzie. He is the managing partner of the Belgian offices of Baker McKenzie.
Mr. Fesler provides sound and seasoned advice on various aspects of IT and intellectual property law. He helps clients draft and negotiate license or IP rights assignment agreements and set up appropriate strategies to define IP rights protection schemes. Mr. Fesler likewise advises innovative entrepreneurs on the boundaries of copyright protection and associated levies.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Free University of Brussels (U.L.B.) - Professor of Civil and Commercial Law applied to information technologies
- Federal Telecommunications Ethics Committee - Member
- Press Ethics Committee (FR) - Member
- Phenix Users Committee (supervising the implementation of the electronic procedure in Belgium) - Member
- Brussels~Belgium (1990)
- Free University of Brussels (Law Degree) (1990)