Carlos A. Felce sits on the Steering Committee of Baker McKenzie's Latin America Employment and Labor Practice Group, and is one of the coordinators of the Firm’s Labor & Employment Practice Group in Venezuela. He is ranked among the leading labor and employment lawyers in Venezuela by Chambers Latin America. Mr. Felce is also a professor of labor law at Universidad Católica Andrés Bello and Universidad Metropolitana.
Mr. Felce advises clients on legal matters related to compensation and benefits, restructuring, personnel reductions, mergers and acquisitions, collective bargaining, privacy, international employees, labor audits, hirings and terminations.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advised a major US oil service company on Venezuelan employment and labor law issues concerning the sale of its drilling operations in Venezuela.
- Defended a major US oil service company against numerous labor lawsuits filed by former expatriate employees in Venezuela.
- Advised a major US pharmaceutical company on Venezuelan employment and labor law issues related to the acquisition of another pharmaceutical company operating in Venezuela.
- Advised a major US consumer goods company on certain Venezuelan employment and labor law issues relating to the negotiation of its collective bargaining agreement.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Caracas Bar Association
- Venezuela (1992)
- University of Illinois (LL.M.) (1993)
- Andrés Bello Catholic University (J.D. summa cum laude) (1991)