Carlos A. Felce sits on the Steering Committee of Baker McKenzie's Latin America Employment and Labor Practice Group, and is one of the coordinators of the Firm’s Labor & Employment Practice Group in Venezuela. He is ranked among the leading labor and employment lawyers in Venezuela by Chambers Latin America. Mr. Felce is also a professor of labor law at Universidad Católica Andrés Bello and Universidad Metropolitana.
Mr. Felce advises clients on legal matters related to compensation and benefits, restructuring, personnel reductions, mergers and acquisitions, collective bargaining, privacy, international employees, labor audits, hirings and terminations.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advised a major US oil service company on Venezuelan employment and labor law issues concerning the sale of its drilling operations in Venezuela.
- Defended a major US oil service company against numerous labor lawsuits filed by former expatriate employees in Venezuela.
- Advised a major US pharmaceutical company on Venezuelan employment and labor law issues related to the acquisition of another pharmaceutical company operating in Venezuela.
- Advised a major US consumer goods company on certain Venezuelan employment and labor law issues relating to the negotiation of its collective bargaining agreement.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Caracas Bar Association
- Venezuela (1992)
- University of Illinois (LL.M.) (1993)
- Andrés Bello Catholic University (J.D. summa cum laude) (1991)
Author, La Legislación Aplicable al Contrato Internacional de Trabajo en el Derecho del Trabajo Venezolano, bajo la Ley de Derecho Internacional Privado (Law Applicable to International Employment Agreements in Venezuelan Labor Law under International Private Law), book in honor of Gonzalo Parra-Aranguren, addendum 2001, Colección Libros Homenaje N°1. Fernando Parra Aranguren, published by the Supreme Court of Justice, Caracas, Venezuela, 2002
Author, “El Régimen de Prestaciones Sociales en la Industria Petrolera y el artículo 672 de la Ley Orgánica del Trabajo (Seniority Indemnity System in the Oil Industry and Article 672 of the Organic Labor Law),” Veintenario.-1978-1998 Cámara Petrolera de Venezuela, Ediciones Cámara Petrolera de Venezuela (Published by Venezuelan Oil Chamber), 1998
Co-author, Nueva Ley Orgánica del Trabajo. Comentarios sobre su Reforma (New Organic Labor Law. Comments about its Reform), McGraw-Hill Interamericana de Venezuela SA, Caracas, Venezuela, 1997
Several articles published in The Global Labour, Employment and Employee Benefits Bulletin of Baker McKenzie.