Pierfrancesco Federici is a partner in Baker McKenzie's Milan office. He has extensive transactional and regulatory experience, with a focus on real estate, hotel and resorts, environment, health and safety. Mr. Federici was the managing partner of the Firm's Italy offices from 2009 to 2014.
Mr. Federici is highly experienced in matters concerning operational and investment real estate assets and hotel assets, including planning, acquisition and disposal, development, leasing and joint ventures. He also regularly advises on environmental and health compliance. Mr. Federici's clients include local and foreign multinationals from various industries, including real estate, hotel, pharmaceuticals and healthcare, IT, chemical and gaming.
Representative Legal Matters
- Assisted an international operator in acquiring the management business of the Forte Village in Sardinia.
- Assisted a major financial institution in acquiring a major hotel property located in Pragelato, Piedmont.
- Advising a major global fashion brand on negotiating leases of luxury retail units and showrooms in the fashion districts of Bari, Bologna, Florence, Forte dei Marmi, Milan, Naples, Palermo, Rome, Turin and Verona alongside several outlet centers and shopping malls.
- Assisting a major international investor in acquiring 50 percent equity participation in a primary resort in Tuscany, including development of estates and hotel management agreements.
- Assisting a leading global hotel brand in connection with the negotiation of hotel management agreements.
- Assisting major chemical multinationals concerning the environmental remediation of dismissed industrial sites for the purposes of property requalification and development.
- Advised chemical operator in connection with excess air emissions, aquifer contamination, extra site contamination and environmental liability.
- Assisted the re-insurer of a company running a chemical plant in Ravenna, which caused serious ground contamination due to pipeline leaks. The assistance included relations with local governmental authorities, and coordination of civil, criminal and administrative litigation.
- Assisted a major international gaming operator in relation to lottery concession, including public procurement ramifications and administrative litigation.
- Assisting a primary global luxury hotel operator in the negotiation of hotel management agreement, license agreement, condominium covenants and redevelopment of the former Zecca Property in Rome.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Milan Bar Association - Associate
Children Foundation – India (Calcutta)
Cargill Pro Bono Project for Youth in Nepal
- Italy (1981)
- University of Genoa (J.D.) (1979)