Jordan Faykus is a partner in the Firm’s North America Employment Counseling and Litigation Practice Group in Houston. He represents management in all aspects of labor and employment law, including employment litigation, counseling and traditional labor law. Mr. Faykus has extensive experience in matters involving employee discrimination, harassment and retaliation, ERISA litigation, wage and hour controversies, workplace safety, accommodation and leave law, covenants not to compete, and breach of employment contract, among others. He serves as the chair of the Houston office’s Community Service Committee and is actively involved in Firm pro bono matters.
Mr. Faykus works closely with foreign, domestic, and multinational employers in a wide variety of workplace matters. He has significant experience defending clients in ERISA class action litigation matters, as well as advising clients on matters involving ERISA administrative claims and plan notice claims. Mr. Faykus regularly advises company management on labor relations matters, and represents clients in the arbitration of grievances, collective bargaining and in matters before the National Labor Relations Board. He is also seasoned in advising on workplace safety laws and frequently works with clients to achieve and maintain compliance under the Occupational Safety and Health Act.
Representative Legal Matters
- Obtained bench trial victory in a large ERISA 204(h) notice class action. It was affirmed by the US Court of Appeals for the Tenth Circuit and certiorari denied by the US Supreme Court.
- Won a multimillion dollar AAA arbitration in breach of executive agreement on behalf of a multinational energy trading company.
- Won summary judgment dismissing an ADEA collective action related to the conversion of a company pension plan from a traditional defined benefit plan to a cash balance plan.
- Advised the board of directors of a petroleum and natural gas company regarding a former executive’s claims under various company benefits and incentive plans.
- Obtained favorable resolution and entry of permanent injunction enforcing non-competition and confidentiality agreements against former employees.
- Won a multimillion dollar bench trial in a breach of contract action involving various financial guaranty agreements and promissory notes.
- Represented global logistics and supply chain company in an OSHA workplace investigation.
- Won summary judgment dismissing employee disability and pregnancy discrimination claims on behalf of a national property management company. It was affirmed by the Court of Appeals for the Fifth District of Texas at Dallas.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Houston Young Lawyers Association
- American Bar Association
- Houston Bar Association
- Texas~United States (2006)
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Texas~United States (2007)
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Texas~United States (2016)
- University of Houston Law Center (J.D. cum laude) (2006)
- Rice University (B.A. cum laude) (2002)