Myles Farley is an associate in the Dispute Resolution & Insolvency team at Baker McKenzie, Melbourne. Myles joined the Firm in 2016, having been admitted to practice in 2013 and having worked in the commercial litigation practice of a large Australian law firm. He has gained experience from a diverse range of disputes, in a variety of fora, including for pro bono clients.
Myles has assisted clients with a variety of litigious matters ranging from contractual disputes, business acquisition disputes, construction disputes, insolvency matters to those involving administrative law, in state and federal courts, tribunals, inquiries and inquests. Clients include private and publicly listed Australian and multinational companies as well as state and federal government clients.
Representative Legal Matters
- Representing a construction firm in the Victorian Court of Appeal, in connection with judicial review proceedings of an adjudication under the Building and Construction Industry Security of Payment Act 2002 (Vic).
- Representing a client in the healthcare sector in court against an insurance company, claiming monies under an insurance policy.
- Advising on insurance/risk issues relating to various corporate transactions and insurance policy reviews.
- Acting for an institution before a Royal Commission regarding responding to claims made of historical harm suffered.
- Representing a Commonwealth Government client in the Federal Circuit Court, Federal Court and High Court regarding the defence of various regulatory/ administrative decisions made.
- Representing a Victorian Government client in court regarding misleading and deceptive conduct claims in relation to a major infrastructure project.
- Representing a pro bono client to uphold a constructive trust/ equitable lien over a property, in proceedings before the Victorian Supreme Court, Court of Appeal and the High Court and being awarded the first "pro bono costs order" at an appellate level in Australia.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Law Institute of Victoria - Member
- High Court of Australia~Australia (2014)
- Victoria~Australia (2013)
- La Trobe University (Bachelor of Laws Honours) (2012)
- La Trobe University (Bachelor of Arts) (2012)
- La Trobe University (Diploma of Languages French) (2010)
Baker & McKenzie, an Australian Partnership, is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.