Mario is a member of the Firm's Environmental Practice since 2003. His experience includes advising on transactional operations, compliance with local laws and international treaties related to the environment, environmental audits, and representation before judicial and administrative courts. Mario Facio also has experience in matters related to the automotive and pharmaceutical sectors and in climate change projects. He is a member of the Sustainability Committee of National Chamber of the Perfume Industry (CANIPEC).
Mario provides insightful counsel on transactional operations, compliance with local laws and international treaties related to water regulations, industrial regulations, regulation to hazardous materials matters, administrative law litigation and climate change. He is knowledgeable in environmental audits and is experienced in representations before judicial and arbitration courts. He also performs analyses on natural resources regulations and best industrial practices relevant to the automotive, chemical, pharmaceutical tourism and energy industries.
Representative Legal Matters
- Provided advice to one of the main companies in the natural gas industry in Mexico on the compliance of its legal obligations.
- Provided advice to one of the main companies in the natural gas industry in Mexico on administrative law proceedings filed by the Federal Environmental Protection Agency.
- Participated in the defense of an administrative litigation instituted by PROFEPA due to an industrial accident against a company dedicated to the production of vinyl chloride.
- Participated in large-scale administrative litigation before the National Water Commission related to the determination of rights for the use or exploitation of national waters.
- Participated in various transactional projects for purchases and sales of plants related to the food industry.
- Participated in the process for obtaining international transportation permits and licenses for a chemical products company, which required an amparo action before the Communication and Transportation Secretariat (SCT for its Spanish initials) and the thorough analysis of the NAFTA agreements.
- Participated in the acquisition of 3,000 cultivable hectares in San Luis Potosí and Tamaulipas for an agricultural products company.
- Participated in the revision and resolution of various matters for the acquisition of plots to build a biofuel plant in Yucatan.
- Participated in a multipractice project for the acquisition of a company member in the bath and kitchen industry, which required the purchase of stock and real estate assets.
- Participated in the creation of a supplying company in the automotive industry that acquired various entities for the production and distribution of its product catalogue.
- Provided advice to clients in the automotive industry on importation matters, the handling of explosive substances and their regulation before the Department of National Defense.
Professional Associations and Memberships
Member of the Environmental Law Committee of the Mexican Company Lawyers Association
- Mexico (2003)
- Instituto Panamericano de Alta Dirección de Empresas (IPADE) (MBA) (2020)
- Instituto Tecnológico Autónomo de México (Environmental Law) (2000)
- Universidad Panamericana (Law Degree) (1997)
- Participant, Fourth Annual International Arbitration Moot "Willem C. Bis," Juridicum of the Pace University, Wien
- Panelist, International Conference of Environmental Law 2017, Baker & McKenzie, Chicago
- Exhibitor, Best Practices in Real Estate Development and Investments forum organized by the Langan company, June 2017, Mexico City
Baker & McKenzie Abogados, S.C. is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.