Mario Facio is a member of the Firm’s Environmental Practice Group in Mexico City. He has participated in multiple corporate and real estate projects, often advising on the regulatory component of such transactions. Mr. Facio was an active participant in the Fourth Annual International Arbitration Moot “Willem C. Bis,” which was held at the Juridicum of the Pace University in Vienna. He is a member of the Environmental Law Committee of the Mexican Company Lawyers Association.
Mr. Facio provides insightful counsel on transactional operations, compliance with local laws and international treaties related to water regulations, industrial regulations, regulations to hazardous materials matters, administrative law litigation and climate change. He is knowledgeable in environmental audits and is experienced in representations before judicial and arbitration courts. Mr. Facio also performs analyses on natural resources regulations and best industrial practices relevant to the automotive, chemical, pharmaceutical tourism and energy industries.
Representative Legal Matters
- Provided advice to one of the main companies in the natural gas industry in Mexico on the compliance of its legal obligations.
- Provided advice to one of the main companies in the natural gas industry in Mexico on administrative law proceedings filed by the Federal Environmental Protection Agency.
- Participated in the process for obtaining international transportation permits and licenses for a chemical products company, which required an amparo action before the Communication and Transportation Secretariat (SCT for its Spanish initials) and the thorough analysis of the NAFTA agreements.
- Participated in the acquisition of 3,000 cultivable hectares in San Luis Potosí and Tamaulipas for an agricultural products company.
- Participated in the revision and resolution of various matters for the acquisition of plots to build a biofuel plant in Yucatan.
- Participated in a multipractice project for the acquisition of a company member in the bath and kitchen industry, which required the purchase of stock and real estate assets.
- Participated in the creation of a supplying company in the automotive industry that acquired various entities for the production and distribution of its product catalogue.
- Provided advice to clients in the automotive industry on importation matters, the handling of explosive substances and their regulation before the Department of National Defense.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Mexican Company Lawyers Association - Environmental Law Committee
- Mexico (2003)
- Instituto Tecnológico Autónomo de México (Environmental Law) (2000)
- Universidad Panamericana (Law Degree) (1997)