Denis Ezhov has been with the Moscow office of Baker McKenzie since 2007. He has experience in international commercial transactions and trade issues, anti-corruption and general compliance, intellectual property and technology issues.
Denis mainly focuses on national and cross-border commercial transactions and the related regulatory framework. As such he drafts and negotiates a full range of commercial contracts, including distributorship and agency contracts, franchising, consultancy, licensing, manufacturing, supply and joint development agreements.
Denis's multi-practice and jurisdictional exposure allows him to coordinate multiple assignments within a team working in various jurisdictions.
In addition, his two plus years secondment experience with companies in various industries helps Denis to better understand the client's needs and challenges and effectively cooperate with business project teams.
Representative Legal Matters
International Commercial projects
- Advised the Bank of Moscow on merger control requirements in 14 countries in relation to the sale of the Segezha Pulp and Paper Mill to Sistema JSFC.
- Supported Orbital (Northrop Grumman) in negotiating and executing an agreement for the purchase and servicing of 20 rocket engines with a Russian manufacturer; advised on the related export control and regulatory requirements.
- Advised an international car manufacture on structuring its manufacturing and distribution in Russia; drafted and negotiated related agreements; assisted in handling various regulatory matters (technical regulations, quality conformity and safety requirements, consumer protection and competition requirements); coordinated the same in other CIS and the Baltic countries.
- Advised an international restaurants chain on running marketing and promotion activities (lotteries, sweepstakes, contests, public events), obtained governmental approvals and support during governmental audits.
- Supported one of the largest manufacturing groups in Russia in bidding for engineering & procurement projects, negotiated contracts with state-owned organizations (bidders and main contractors).
- Advised an international producer on the establishing and updating cash pooling structures in Russia and coordinated of similar projects in other CIS countries.
- Advised a major multinational media company on establishment, maintenance and update of their Internet media platform, user content exchange, viral games, use of in-game currency, IP protection and content auditing system.
- Advised an international viral games producer on building an Internet platform for viral games distribution, requirements towards the operator of an Internet platform, general consumer protection requirements and disclosures.
- Advised an international media producer on running promotion campaigns in Russia, including various personal data, consumer protection and advertising regulations.
- Advised a major international Internet company on implementation of banner advertising system, advisory platform, crypto currency, consumer protection and privacy regulations.
- Russia (2006)
- Moscow City Teachers Training University (Law) (2006)