Isaac is a special counsel in Baker McKenzie's Corporate Markets practice group based in Brisbane.
Isaac works with boards, in-house counsel, senior executives, company secretaries and investors to provide practical advice and outcomes, with a focus on delivering results and developing solutions.
Isaac has extensive experience across a broad range of corporate transactions, including public and private mergers and acquisitions, equity capital markets, joint ventures and reconstructions.
Isaac also has a strong focus on corporate advisory work, including corporate governance, directors' duties and regulatory compliance.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advised PanAust in the acquisition of the remaining 20% interest in the Frieda River JV from Highlands Pacific.
- Advised Super Retail Group on the acquisition of Macpac from CHAMP Private Equity.
- Advised Firstmac on the on-market takeover bid for Goldfields Money.
- Advised the Star Entertainment Group on the establishment of Destination Gold Coast Consortium.
- Advised Vitaco on the acquisition of the Musashi sports nutrition business and associated intellectual property.
- Advised Bank of Queensland on the AUD 340 million capital raising and issue of additional Tier 2 regulatory capital.
- Advised Suncorp Group on the issue of additional Tier 2 regulatory capital.
- Advised the Star Entertainment Group on the AUD 490 million placement and formation of strategic partnership with CTF and FEC.
- Advised Infigen Energy on an accelerated non-renounceable entitlement offer.
- Advised Tor Investment Management Hong Kong on its investment (and follow-on investment) in Marrakech Road.
- High Court of Australia~Australia (2016)
- Supreme Court of Queensland~Australia (2009)
- Queensland University of Technology (LL.M.) (2013)
- College of Law (Graduate Diploma in Legal Practice) (2009)
- Bond University (LL.B.) (2008)