Maxine Ethier is a partner in Baker McKenzie's Major Projects Group and the Global Head of the Infrastructure Group. She focuses her practice on representing clients in a variety of domestic and cross-border infrastructure, water and energy transactions, including mergers and acquisitions, equity investments, joint ventures, project development and project finance transactions.
Maxine joined Baker McKenzie's Toronto office in 2014 after having practiced at a leading Canadian law firm.
Representative Legal Matters
Advised a shortlisted consortium in connection with an auction for the sale of an interest in a desalination plant in California.
Advised Argo Infrastructure in connection with the acquisition of the equity interests in a portfolio of water and wastewater concessions in the United States.
- Advised Aquaria Water in connection with the sale of its desalination plant to the City of Brockton, Massachusetts and the negotiation of an operation maintenance agreement.
Advising an infrastructure fund in connection with the acquisition of equity interest in a platform of renewable energy assets in Canada and the United States.
Advised a bidder in connection with an auction for the sale of high voltage transmission cable in New York and New Jersey.
Advised a bidder in connection with an auction for the sale of an interest in a portfolio of hydro facilities in British Columbia.
- Advised Fiera Infrastructure in connection with the acquisition of Macquarie Principal Finance's interest in a portfolio of residential and commercial rooftop and ground-mounted solar photovoltaic (PV) systems across the United Kingdom.
Transportation and Social Infrastructure Transactions
Advising a shortlisted consortium in connection with the Corner Brook acute care hospital P3 project in Newfoundland, Canada.
Advised a shortlisted consortium in connection with a P3 project involving a long-term care facility in Newfoundland, Canada.
- Advised the maintenance and rehabilitation provider to a shortlisted consortium in connection with bid for the design, build, finance and maintenance of a 16km light-rail transit project in Eastern Ontario.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- American Bar Association
- Association of Women in Energy Canada
- Canadian Bar Association
- Ontario Bar Association
- Women's Infrastructure Network
- Young Leaders in Infrastructure
- Ontario~Canada (2007)
- University of Ottawa (LL.B.) (2006)
- University of Ottawa (B.Com. International Management) (2003)