Laura Estrada Rodríguez is a member of the Intellectual Property Practice Group in the Firm’s Mexico City office. With over 15 years' experience, she is known as a leading adviser in intellectual property (IP) law. She assists national and multinational clients in diverse cross-border transactions involving IP/IT, and in drafting and negotiating diverse types of IP related agreements. She also drafts and negotiates a range of contracts on technology transfer, know-how, trade secrets and confidentiality issues, among others. She has also substantial experience assisting in transactions involving transfer of intangible assets and trademark valuation.
Laura has participated in drafting and implementing complex trade secret projects and know-how for clients in the pharmaceutical, finance and computer software industries. She has also drafted multiple agreements involving confidentiality and trade issues.
Laura worked on her masters' degree thesis entitled "Protection of Computer Software as Trade Secrets." She participated as lecturer for AMPPI with the topic "Applied Art Protection," "Copyrights and Neighboring Protection and Enforcement" for the ITESM Campus Edo. Mexico, and "Understanding Management and Structure of Big Law Firm" at Universidad la Salle Benjamin Franklin, etc.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- International Trademark Association, Copyrights Committee
- Asociación Nacional de Abogados de Empresa, A.C.
- Asociacion Mexicana para la Proteccion de la Propiedad Industrial, Copyrights and IT Committees
- Mexico (2003)
- INFOTEC Centro de Investigación e Innovación en Tecnologías de la Información y Comunicación (Master's Degree) (2014)
- Ilustre y Nacional Colegio de Abogados (Specialist Intellectual Property) (2001)
- Escuela de Postgrados en Derecho (Post Graduate Course Civil Procedural Law) (2000)
- Universidad Iberoamericana (Law Degree) (1998)