Brent is an associate in Baker McKenzie's Corporate M&A practice in London. He advises large companies, funds and other financial sponsors on cross-border mergers and acquisitions (both buy and sell side). He also advises clients and the global Baker McKenzie network on corporate governance related matters. He is admitted to practice in England and Wales.
Brent has spent six months on secondment with the loan syndications team at Standard Chartered Bank, as well as six months with Baker McKenzie's M&A practice in Tokyo on a virtual basis due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advised GSK on the sale of its USD 500 million Cephalosporin antibiotics business to Sandoz, a Novartis division.
- Advised Schenck Process on its acquisition of the Baker Perkins group.
- Advised Siemens on its acquisition of UltraSoC Technologies Ltd.
- England & Wales (Solicitor)~United Kingdom (2020)
- BPP University (LPC) (2018)
- Queen's University Belfast (Masters in Legal Science) (2014)
- Contributor, “The Future of the Corporation: Moving from Balance Sheet to Value Sheet,” World Economic Forum, January 2021
- Author, “Three Things We Learned About Corporate Governance in 2020,” ICAEW, December 2020
- Contributor, “The Modern Dilemma: Balancing Short- and Long-Term Business Pressures,” World Economic Forum, March 2019
Firm Committee Memberships
- Corporate Governance Committee Member