Tatiana Escribano is a partner in the Corporate/M&A Practice Group in Baker McKenzie, Mexico City office. She focuses her practice on corporate, securities, mergers and acquisitions matters and is experienced in working with local and transnational IT and telecommunications companies in Mexico. Ms. Escribano has been recognized by prestigious publications such as Chambers Latin America and Legal 500 in the M&A practice. Clients have acknowledged her for being responsive, experienced and practical in her advise.
Ms. Escribano advises clients in international transactions, mergers and acquisitions, international joint ventures, corporate restructuring, data protection, anti-money laundering, foreign investment and corporate and securities matters. She serves as a legal adviser to domestic and international corporations on negotiation and contracting of local and international transactions and agreements. Ms. Escribano is also involved in commercial, licensing and franchise agreements in addition to her general corporate practice. In addition, Ms. Escribano represents clients in regulatory matters, including antitrust, foreign investment and regulated areas, including telecommunications.
Representative Legal Matters
Prior to joining Baker McKenzie, Tatiana Escribano acted on the following matters:
- Represented a worldwide leading provider of industrial packaging in its Mexican joint venture.
- Advised the Mexico based office of a private equity investment firm on merger and acquisition, antitrust, and other regulatory matters related to the acquisition of a Mexican technology company.
- Advised the worldwide leader in prepaid performance enhancement and commuter benefit services for businesses on merger and acquisition, antitrust and other reglatory matters related to the acquisition of a Mexican competitor.
- Represented the shareholders of a Mexican company in the restaurants and food industry in the acquisition by a Mexican private equity fund of their shares and the negotiation of a shareholders agreements.
- Served as Mexican counsel to differente indentured trustees in the reorganization/restructuring of a major Mexican retail conglomerate, of a leader Mexican IT and telecommunications service provider and a Mexican key player in the production and supply of automobile parts.
- Served as Mexican counsel to a US full-service asset management firm in their prospective acquisition and debt restructuring of a Mexican entity in the hospitality industry.
- Represented a Mexican telecommunications company in corporate and regulatory matters, such as private project financing, mergers and acquisitions, floating of bonds in the US market, debt restructuring and related antitrust matters.
- Represented the global leader in stored energy solutions for industrial applications in its integral corporate reestructure in Mexico.
- Advised several IT and telecommunication companies in their entering into the Mexican market.
- Served as Mexican counsel to several companies in the fashion industry in their negotiations of franchise agreements with Mexican counterparts.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- French Chamber of Commerce in Mexico - Member
- American Bar Association - Business Law Section
- Mexican Bar Association - Member
- Mexico (2005)
- Fordham University School of Law (LL.M. International Trade and Business Transactions) (2008)
- Universidad Iberoamericana (J.D.) (2005)
- Universidad Complutense de Madrid (Exchange Student) (2004)
- Universidad de Salamanca Spain (Exchange Student) (2003)
Co-author, "Telecom Reform: The Acid Test of The Pacto por México," Latin American Law & Business Report Volume 21, Number 3, March 2013
Co-author, "Out-of-Court Restructuring: Brief Notes on the Mexico Experience," Latin American Law & Business Report, December 2012
Speaker, "Mexico's Anti-Money Laundering Law" Webinar organized by DLA Piper, January 2014
Speaker, "The Key to Business Success in Mexico" Webinar organized by Atradius, June 2013
Speaker, "Secured Lending Panel" American Bar Association Program, June 2012