Abad Escobar has been a member of the Firm's Criminal Litigation Group since 2012. He focuses on the new adversarial-oral criminal system, and has worked in white-collar cases, both defense and prosecution. He is an active member of ASIS International, one of the largest private security associations around the world. This affiliation has provided him strong understanding on best practices to avoid criminal incidents within corporations.
Mr. Escobar has experience in the criminal defense of employees and senior executives before state and federal authorities, specifically in connection with accusations of fraud, embezzlement, theft, as well as environmental, banking and tax crimes. He has represented real estate, banking and manufacturing companies in Mexico, filed criminal complaints in a broad range of crimes, and collaborated with public prosecutors to obtain arrest warrants. Mr. Escobar has also facilitated constructive settlements between plaintiffs and defendants.
Representative Legal Matters
- Represented one of the largest banking institutions in the world in criminal investigations around Mexico.
- Conducted internal investigations for multinational companies to avoid and identify criminal incidents.
- Defended senior executives wrongly accused of fraud and tax crimes.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- ASIS International - Member, Mexico-Norte Chapter
- Monterrey~Mexico (2012)
- Universidad de Monterrey (Post Graduate Diploma Oral Trials) (2014)
- Instituto Tecnologico y de Estudios Superiores de Monterrey (S.C.L. Honors) (2014)
Baker & McKenzie Abogados, S.C. is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.