Raul primarily advises clients on real estate and general corporate law. His experience in the real estate area includes participation in several transactions for the sale, acquisition, occupation, and development of real properties involving due diligence, financing, construction, lease and other occupation rights, incorporation of condominiums, fractional developments, trust agreements, and land development for the tourism, industrial, commercial, mining, in-bond manufacturing, and oil and gas industries in Mexico. He has experience in general corporate law including corporate secretary of Mexican companies, negotiation of joint venture agreements, shelter agreements, and shelter phase-outs, in addition to advice and assistance to foreign entities to carry out business in Mexico.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advised a major Japanese construction company on the drafting, negotiation, preparation, and execution of a construction agreement entered into with a major Japanese automobile manufacturer for the construction of a transmission manufacturing facility in Mexico.
- Advised a major Canadian gas and electricity company on the preparation of agreements for the acquisition of rights of way for the construction and installation of a natural gas pipeline in Mexico.
- Advised a major Japanese hotel company on the sale of its hotel located in Mexico City.
- Advised a major US technology company on the construction and development of its retail store in Mexico City.
- Advised a major US technology company and coordinated the allocation of its real estate properties throughout Latin America as a result of a spin-off of said company.
- Advised a major US hotel company on the development, construction, management, and incorporation of condominium and sub-condominium property regimes in addition to the preparation and supervision of condominium owner assembly meetings for its hotel and resort located in Los Cabos, Mexico.
- Advised a major US medical technology company on the negotiation and execution of a construction agreement for the expansion of its manufacturing facility located in Tijuana, Mexico.
- Advised a US construction company on the development of one of its major construction projects in Mexico City.
- Advised a major US construction and engineering company on the procedure to authorize its civil, electrical, and mechanical engineers to exercise their professions in Mexico, in addition to advising said client on matters relating to construction and design liability in Mexico.
- Advised a major Canadian mining company on the negotiation of agreements for the acquisition of rights of way through lands owned by farming (Ejido) communities in Sonora, Mexico, in addition to the the acquisition of privately-owned land in Sonora.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- National Association of Corporate Attorneys - Member
- Mexican Bar, College of Attorneys - Member
- US - Mexico Bar Association - Member
- Mexico (2001)
- University of Notre Dame (LL.M. London Law Program) (2004)
- ITESO Universidad Jesuita en Guadalajara (Licenciado en Derecho) (2000)