Valeria is a partner in the Barcelona office and a member of the European and Competition Law and Trade & Commerce practice groups. She joined the Firm in 1999 and in 2007 spent nine months in Baker McKenzie´s Chicago office.
Valeria has been recommended as a leading professional by various legal directories, including Chambers Europe, Legal 500, GCR, EXPERT Guide, and Best Lawyer.
According to Chambers & Partners, Valeria Enrich is singled out for her technical brilliance, with sources reporting that she is "patient, methodical in her analysis and very clear in her explanations." She commonly advises clients on merger control issues, with notable activity in multi-jurisdictional filings. (Europe Guide, 2018).
In the area of competition law, Valeria advises on a wide variety of competition law issues, including merger control, the structuring of distribution networks, distribution (exclusive distribution, selective distribution, online sales and franchising), compliance programs and the defence of clients involved in cartel investigations.
Representative Legal Matters
- Represented mytaxi before the Spanish Competition Authority in relation to the creation of a joint venture with its closest competitor, Hailo.
- Represented Vithas, one of the largest hospital groups in Spain, before the Spanish Competition Authority, in connection with the acquisition of several hospitals.
- Represented Osaka Gas UK Ltd before the European Commission in relation to the acquisition of joint control over Planta de Regasification de Sagunto SA.
- Advised on the merger control aspects of the creation of a JV in Brazil between Mitsui, Gonvarri and ArcelorMittal. The transaction was notified to the European Commission, the Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, South Korean and Brazilian competition authorities.
- Assisted several clients in the implementation of their distribution and franchise structure in Spain and conducted complicated negotiations upon termination of such agreements.
- Assisted several clients in implementing antitrust compliance programmes.
- Represented a chemical industry as a defendant in the contribution proceedings brought in the district court in Amsterdam claiming compensation for losses and damages arising from the sodium chlorate cartel sanctioned by the EU.
- Represented Honda in the investigation and sanctioning proceeding opened by the Spanish Competition Authority into potentially illegal agreements against most of the manufacturers and distributors of automobiles in Spain.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Barcelona Bar Association
- Spanish Association for the Defense Competition - Member and Former member of the Executive Committee
- Barcelona~Spain (1999)
- College of Europe, Belgium (LL.M. Law) (1999)
- University Pompeu Fabra (Post Graduate Studies General Corporate Law) (1998)
- University of Navarra (Degree Law) (1997)
- University of Coimbra (Erasmus Program in Portugal) (1996)