Helmy, Hamza and Partners
Walid Enany is an associate at Helmy, Hamza & Partners, Baker McKenzie Cairo. He focuses on capital markets, mergers and acquisitions, and commercial and corporate law. Walid has gained much experience working on establishing different types of legal entities (including aviation services companies, micro finance companies, energy production companies, medical care companies and investments funds). He also worked on preparing ordinary and extraordinary general assembly meetings for different types of companies. Walid is equally experienced in conducting legal due diligence; reviewing distribution contracts, lease contracts, commercial agency contracts and franchise contracts; researching OTC capital markets transactions, advising on labor law matters and on corporate governance regulations; and providing clients with research and analysis necessary to comply with applicable laws and regulations. Walid obtained his LLB from the Sharjah University in 2014 and was admitted to the Egyptian Bar of Association in 2018.
Walid specializes in equity capital markets, debt capital markets and securitization, commercial and corporate law.
Representative Legal Matters
- Acted for The Sovereign Fund of Egypt (TSFE) on its partnership with Etisalat Egypt by e& and Mr. Amr Aboelazm to launch Erada Microfinance company. The newly launched company will provide micro and small enterprises with access to a wide range of financial services and a diversified set of innovative financial products.
- Acted for global healthcare company GlaxoSmithKline Services Unlimited (GSK Group) on the separation of its consumer healthcare business to form a global consumer healthcare company (Haleon) at EGP 1.6 billion.
- Acted for Banque Misr in connection with the establishing the first #REIT in Egypt, Egyptian Real Estate Fund (I) (Fund), that aims at investing in income generating portfolio of commercial real estate such as shopping malls, office buildings, medical and educational centers within Greater Cairo. We have also represented the Fund and its Management Company in its first private placement issuance, which was fully subscribed for by Banque Misr, Banque du Caire, Misr Insurance Holding Company (MIHC) and Allianz Insurance. EGP 360 million were raised in said private placement.
- Acted for Pioneers Properties for Urban Development on a real estate securitization transaction. The total value of the securitization bond program is EGP 3 billion divided into six issuances. The first issuance amounts to EGP 627.5 million, second issuance amounts to EGP 425 million and third issuance amounts to EGP 292 million.
- Acted as the lead counsel to Gig-Egypt on the transaction to acquire 100% of AIG Egypt through a mandatory tender offer.
- Advised Banque Misr on establishing the first REIT in Egypt, Egyptian Real Estate Fund (I) (Fund), that aims at investing in income generating portfolio of commercial real estate such as shopping malls, office buildings, medical and educational centers within Greater Cairo.
- Advised the Sovereign Fund of Egypt on its partnership with Etisalat Egypt by e& and Mr. Amr Abo El Azm to launch Erada Microfinance company "the Company". The newly launched Company will provide micro and small enterprises with access to a wide range of financial services and a diversified set of innovative financial products.
- Acted for Tanmeyah Micro Enterprise Services in connection with Securitizing micro-finance loans by issuing bonds in a program of several issuances with total of EGP 3 billion.
- Acted for Banque du Caire as the issuer’s counsel in connection with the listing of 20% - 30% of its shares on Egyptian Exchange (EGX) and 10% of its shares as GDRs on the London Stock Exchange to attract foreign investors.
- Acted for Arab Company for Projects and Urban Developments S.A.E., a subsidiary of Talaat Moustafa Group Holding, on the issuance of a sukuk program with a value of EGP 2 billion with final maturity at the end of 2024. The arranger and advisor on this case was EFG Hermes Promoting and Underwriting, one of EFG Hermes affiliates. (Deal of the Year 2020 by Islamic Finance News (IFN) Awards.).
- Acting as issuer's local counsel for an Egyptian financial leasing company in connection with the issuance of corporate bonds.
- Acted as issuer's local counsel for an Egyptian petrochemicals company, in connection with the issuance of corporate bonds.
- Acted for a listed company in connection with a EGP 24,750,000 capital increase.
- Acted for a listed company in connection with capital increase with debt capital more than EGP 153 million.
- Egypt (2018)
- University of Sharjah (Law) (2014)
Helmy Hamza & Partners is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.