Walid Enany is an associate at Helmy, Hamza & Partners, Baker McKenzie Cairo. He focuses on capital markets, mergers and acquisitions, and commercial and corporate law. Walid has gained much experience working on establishing different types of legal entities (including aviation services companies, micro finance companies, energy production companies, medical care companies and investments funds). He also worked on preparing ordinary and extraordinary general assembly meetings for different types of companies. Walid is equally experienced in conducting legal due diligence; reviewing distribution contracts, lease contracts, commercial agency contracts and franchise contracts; researching OTC capital markets transactions, advising on labor law matters and on corporate governance regulations; and providing clients with research and analysis necessary to comply with applicable laws and regulations.
Representative Legal Matters
- Acted for Tanmeyah Micro Enterprise Services in connection with Securitizing micro-finance loans by issuing bonds in a program of several issuances with total of EGP 3 billion.
- Acted as the issuer's local counsel in connection with the establishment of Egypt's First Real Estate Fund, and offering of the certificates thereof in a private placement.
- Acted for Banque du Caire as the issuer’s counsel in connection with the listing of 20% - 30% of its shares on Egyptian Exchange (EGX) and 10% of its shares as GDRs on the London Stock Exchange to attract foreign investors.
- Acted for Arab Company for Projects and Urban Developments S.A.E., a subsidiary of Talaat Moustafa Group Holding, on the issuance of a sukuk program with a value of EGP 2 billion with final maturity at the end of 2024. The arranger and advisor on this case was EFG Hermes Promoting and Underwriting, one of EFG Hermes affiliates. (Deal of the Year 2020 by Islamic Finance News (IFN) Awards.).
- Acting as issuer's local counsel for an Egyptian financial leasing company in connection with the issuance of corporate bonds.
- Acted as issuer's local counsel for an Egyptian petrochemicals company, in connection with the issuance of corporate bonds.
- Acted for a listed company in connection with a EGP 24,750,000 capital increase.
- Acted for a listed company in connection with capital increase with debt capital more than EGP 153 million.
- Egypt (2018)
- University of Sharjah (Law) (2014)
Helmy Hamza & Partners is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.