Rena Eminova is an associate in Baker McKenzie’s Baku office and a member of the Firm's Energy, Mining & Infrastructure, Real Estate and Tax practice groups. Prior to joining the Firm, Ms. Eminova worked in various positions at Azerenerji JSC, an energy company dealing with power generation, production and distribution in the Republic of Azerbaijan.
Ms. Eminova focuses her practice mainly on power, corporate, commercial transaction, taxation and customs matters.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advised Bredero Shaw Limited on various matters as in-house lawyer during a three-month secondment.
- Advised a foreign oil and gas company in respect of corporate, competition and transactional aspects of the acquisition of participation interests under the EDPSA.
- Advised Nobel Oil E&P (UK) ltd. on various matters as in-house lawyer during a six-month secondment.
- Advised a foreign geophysical research and investigation company on allocation of radio frequency and registration of radio equipment.
- Drafted various contracts, such as lease, sales, construction, service, power purchase, electricity transit, distribution, agency, non-disclosure and other contracts and general contract review.
- Advised and assisted a foreign oil company in negotiation and execution of a joint study agreement for initial studies and exploration of hydrocarbon resources in Azerbaijan.
- Advised international and national oil companies in respect of the local environmental and safety compliance requirements.
- Advised foreign companies on corporate, regulatory, and tax issues in connection with corporate reorganizations.
- Advised international oil companies on customs issues in connection with import-export of goods under PSA regime.
- Azerbaijan (2009)
- Baku State University (LL.M. Commercial Law with Distinction) (2011)
- Baku State University (LL.B. with Distinction) (2009)
Baker & McKenzie - CIS, Limited is a member firm of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss verein.