Thierry van Embden is an associate and a member of the Global Real Estate Practice Group in Baker McKenzie's Amsterdam office.
He concentrates on real estate investment and real estate transactions. Through Baker McKenzie, he attended the Law Firm School, an institution designed and funded by Amsterdam law firms to provide practical training to lawyers.
Thierry focuses on real estate investment, structured sales procedures, property portfolio reorganizations, and lease transactions for international (institutional) investors, multinational companies, banks and pension funds. He is regularly involved in due diligence investigations and transaction negotiations.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advised Deka Immobilien GmbH in several sale and acquisition transactions in connection with offices, hotels, logistics and retail centers, including the largest single-asset transaction of 2015 in the Netherlands, for a total of EUR 275 million.
- Advised LRC with two portfolio acquisitions valued at EUR 600 million.
- Advised private equity house Tristan Capital Partners on the acquisition of a mixed portfolio from Generali for EUR 211 million.
- Advised Greystar LLP on the acquisition of a student campus for approximately EUR 81 million.
- Amsterdam (2014)
- Maastricht University (LLM Corporate and Commercial Law / European Law) (2013)