Moataz El Sherbini is an associate within the Cairo office of Baker McKenzie. He joined the Firm in 2016. He has experience in drafting and negotiating share and asset purchase agreements, joint venture and shareholders' agreements, along with all ancillary documentation. Moataz provides different types of corporate and commercial advice to help companies operate within the heavily regulated corporate environment.
Moataz focuses his practice on mergers and acquisitions, and on providing various forms of advice concerning the sale, purchase and restructuring of different entities.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advised the Arab Company for Urban Developments, a member of the Talaat Mostafa Group, in the sale of a portfolio of elementary schools in Egypt with a value close to EGP 1 billion.Advised the Talaat Mostafa Group in connection with the purchase of a civil aircraft from Dassault Aviation S.A.
- Advised a leading real estate development company in the Middle East regarding the establishment of serviced real estate units in the new urban development areas in Egypt.
- Advised a leading Egyptian real estate group in relation to reviewing and negotiating a full set of hotel management agreements (including, inter alia, hotel management, residential units, trademarks and IT licenses, marketing and sales agreements) to be entered into with a leading multinational hotel management company, with respect to the management of a resort and residential units.
- Representing a client on the share purchase agreement regarding the sale of their shares in one of the leading real estate developers in the Middle East. The purpose of the transaction is to develop the land owned by the client for the construction of a world-class real estate project.
- Conducted a number of vendor/purchaser legal review reports and participated in the subsequent process and negotiations with respect to structuring complicated acquisition transactions.
- Assisting with negotiating and redrafting of joint-venture agreement (oil and gas sector).Representing Louis Vuitton regarding the distribution of their products.
- Representing foreign insurance companies regarding the solicitation of their products in Egypt. Advising on several corporate governance regulations.
- Providing clients with research and analysis necessary to comply with applicable laws and regulations, both in Arabic and English.
- Representing clients, working in different sectors, on various issues relating to keeping in compliance with the applicable laws regulating their activities. Such sectors include tourism, NGOs and real estate development.
- Representing clients on various corporate issues: drafting and negotiating all documents relating to corporate restructures, M&As, inter-company lending issues, dividend distribution issues, establishment of various types of legal entities, increasing or reducing companies' capital, debt capitalization, suspension of activities and liquidation issues, sale of shares issues and related documentation, drafting and attending shareholders' general meetings.
- Egypt (2018)
- Cairo University (Faculty of Law) (2016)
Helmy Hamza & Partners is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.