Mostafa El Sakaa is a Capital Market counsel within the Cairo office of Baker McKenzie. He joined the Firm in July 2013 after working with the Egyptian Financial Supervisory Authority. Mostafa has worked on numerous initial public offerings (IPOs), bonds and sukkuk issuances, securitizations, capital increases and other corporate and capital markets transactions of listed companies. He advises issuers, banks and shareholders on capital markets and corporate law issues with a focus on transactional work.
Mostafa also assisted in the preparation of the Capital Market Authority's (Stock Split Guide Book) and (Treasury Stocks Guide Book). Aside from modifying the Egyptian Stock Exchange's listing and the preparation of a corporate governance codes for the listed companies. Mostafa received his Bachelor degree in Accounting, Faculty of Commerce, Cairo University, in 2005. In addition to his Diploma in Investment & Finance, Faculty of Commerce, Ain Shams University in 2011 and Bachelor degree in Law, Faculty of Law, Cairo University, Giza, Egypt, 2017.
Representative Legal Matters
- Acted for Arab Company for Projects and Urban Developments S.A.E., a subsidiary of Talaat Moustafa Group Holding, on the issuance of a sukuk program with a value of EGP 2 billion with final maturity at the end of 2024. The arranger and advisor on this case was EFG Hermes Promoting and Underwriting, one of EFG Hermes affiliates. (Deal of the Year 2020 by Islamic Finance News (IFN) Awards.)
- Acted for Banque du Caire as the issuer’s counsel in connection with the listing of 20% - 30% of its shares on the Egyptian Stock Exchange and 10% of its shares as GDRs on the London Stock Exchange to attract foreign investors.
- Acted for Tanmeyah Micro Enterprise Services, on the first issuance program of short-term securitization bonds for a microfinance loan portfolio in Egypt. The total value of the securitization bond program is EGP 3 billion in a program of several tranches.
- Advised EFG Hermes, an investment bank originally founded in Egypt, on its financial advisory to ADES, an offshore drilling company, regarding its listing on the Dubai NASDAQ and potential GDR. Equity Deal of the Year - IFLR Middle East Awards 2017.
- Acting for CI Capital as the underwriter's counsel in connection with the listing of some of the shares of Engineering for the Petroleum & Process Industries (ENPPI) on the Egyptian Stock Exchange and GDRs on the London Stock Exchange.
- Advised Rooya Holding Investments in connection with an EGP 3 billion loan jointly provided by the Arab African International Bank, the National Bank of Egypt, HSBC, the Arab Bank, SAIB, the Arab Investment Bank, Suez Canal Bank and the Egyptian Gulf Bank for the completion of its real estate projects.
- Advised Edita Food Industries in connection with the listing and initial public offering (IPO) of a portion of its shares in the secondary market on the Egyptian Exchange (EGX) and in the form of Global Depository Receipts (GDR) on the London Stock Exchange (LSE).
- Acted for Domty in connection with the listing of a portion of its shares in the form of Global Depository Receipts (GDR) on the London Stock
- Advised Enppi in connection with the listing and initial public offering (IPO).
- Advising Nile Financial Leasing in connection with USD 50 million bond issuance (Cayman island), The sole subscriber is El-Riyadh Capital Company
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Egyptian Bar Association - Member
- Egypt (2019)
- Cairo University (Bachelor degree in Law, Faculty of Law) (2017)
- Ain Shams University (Diploma in Investment & Finance, Faculty of Commerce) (2011)
- Cairo University (Bachelor degree in Accounting, Faculty of Commerce) (2005)