Mohamed El Khatib has been practicing in the UAE for over 17 years. He has extensive experience in litigation and dispute resolution across a variety of industries and areas of UAE law.
Mr. El Khatib was recommended for insurance disputes by the Legal 500 in 2014.
Representative Legal Matters
- Represented a petroleum company in a case against several ship owners with a claim amount of USD24.5 million.
- Represented P&I Clubs in various cases across the region (particularly in Egypt and the UAE).
- Represented a construction company in a AED77 million FIDC construction project dispute against a Dubai governmental entity.
- Represented a US telecommunications company in a civil claim for a sum of AED73 million.
- Representing a company in the diamond trade, in a USD16 million civil case filed for applying an attachment on the assets, bank accounts and vehicles of the owner and the company.
- Represented a government-owned investment body in filing a collective criminal claim along with related civil claims against Investors for Public Funds Embezzlement and Breach of Trust (AED400 million).
- Represented the shareholders of a health services company in several criminal cases for fraud and bounced guarantee checks.
- Represented a high-profile client in a criminal complaint against a major financial institution.
- Represented a multinational US-based company in several civil and criminal litigation matters.
- Represented a group of companies in a criminal breach of trust against a petroleum company.
- Egypt (1992)
- Dubai - Registered Legal Consultant
- Alexandria University, Egypt (LL.B.) (1992)