Mohamed El Hossamy
Helmy, Hamza and Partners
Mohamed focuses on equity and debt capital markets and has worked on several transactions related to the listing of companies on the Egyptian Stock Exchange market, London Stock Exchange market and the issuance of securitization bonds and corporate bonds. Further, Mohamed assisted several listed and unlisted companies in Egypt to comply with the regulations issued by the regulatory authorities in Egypt. In addition to corporate and commercial law, Mohamed has worked on several mergers ,acquisitions and restructuring transactions in several industries like Banking and Non-Banking Financial Institutions and Manufacturing companies and has experience in drafting and reviewing shareholders agreements, share purchase agreements, lease contracts, distribution and agency agreements and various types of contracts, as well as participating in negotiations in connection with the conclusion, termination and assignment thereof.
Mohamed focuses on Capital Markets, Corporate, Commercial and M&A .
Representative Legal Matters
Capital Markets and M&A
- Advising CI Capital, as the underwriter's counsel, in connection with the listing of some of the shares of Engineering for the Petroleum & Process Industries (ENPPI) on the Egyptian Stock Exchange and GDRs on the London Stock Exchange.
- Advising Banque du Caire, as the issuer's counsel, in connection with the listing of 20% of its shares on the Egyptian Stock Exchange and 10% of its shares as GDRs on the London Stock Exchange to attract foreign investors.
- Assisted in the process of private placement of Hassan Allam's shares by mainly conducting the necessary legal due diligence for all companies thereof.
- Advised UBS AG on all legal and regulatory considerations in connection with the cross-border offering of trusts and foundations.
- Advised BLOM BANK SA on its sale of 99.4% stake in BLOM Bank Egypt SAE through a mandatory tender offer to Arab Banking Corporation B.S.C.
- Advised a multinational Insurance company on its acquisition of a stake in an Egyptian insurance company.
- Advised a multinational pharmaceutical company in its separation of business in Egypt and several Gulf and African markets.
- Advised Pioneers Group in its issuance of securitization bonds.
- Advised Nahr El Kheir S.A.E. regarding its listing of shares on the Egyptian Stock Exchange Market.
- Egypt (2019)
- Cairo University (LLB) (2018)
- Université Paris I Panthéon Sorbonne (Masters in Corporate and International Law) (2018)
- The Panthéon-Sorbonne University (License de droit) (2017)
Helmy Hamza & Partners is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.