Baker & McKenzie LLP
Not admitted to practice law in this jurisdiction
Jon Eichelberger is the co-head of the China Tax Practice of Baker McKenzie. After having lived and worked in China for 29 years, he is now based in our Firm's San Francisco office.
Jon focuses on tax planning and advice for inbound business to China, including acquisitions, divestitures, reorganizations, joint ventures, technology transfer, and the establishment of distribution, sourcing and services operations. He also has many years of experience with commercial transactions, such as mergers and acquisitions and other forms of direct foreign investment and trade with China.
- Corporate Tax Lawyer of the Year (China), International Law Office (ILO) Client Choice Awards, 2015 and 2010
- Indirect Tax Leader (China) - International Tax Review, Indirect Tax Leaders Guide, 2016-2017
- Leading Lawyer in Tax: PRC Law (International Firms) (China/Hong Kong), Chambers Asia Pacific, 2007-2017
- Leading Lawyer in Tax (China), Legal 500 Asia Pacific, 2008-2017
- Tax Controversy Leader (China), International Tax Review (ITR) Tax Controversy Leaders Guide, 2013-2016
- Leading Lawyer in Private Equity/Venture Capital (China), IFLR1000, 2011-2012
- Leading Lawyer in Private Equity (Hong Kong), IFLR1000 2012
- Recommended Lawyer in Tax (China), PLC Which Lawyer?, 2011-2012
- Band 1 in Tax (China), Chambers Asia Pacific, 2007-2011
- Highly Recommended in Tax (China), PLC Which Lawyer?, 2006-2009
- Leading Lawyer in Taxation (Asia Pacific Region), AsiaLaw Leading Lawyers Directory, 2003-2008
- New York~United States (1991)
- Harvard University (J.D., cum laude) (1990)
- Stanford University (B.A. International Relations) (1981)
- New York
Baker & McKenzie LLP is a Limited Liability Partnership organized under the laws of the State of Illinois (USA) and is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Verein organized under the laws of Switzerland.