Jessica Susannah Eden
Baker & McKenzie LLP
Jessica is a Partner in the Tax Disputes team and an accredited CEDR accredited mediator.
Jessica has a wealth of experience in handling HMRC investigations into complex international structures, concerning questions of transfer pricing, interest deductibility and double tax treaty relief. In addition to her broad international tax enquiries practice, seeking to achieve resolution through negotiated settlement and other ADR techniques, Jessica also acts on cases in the Tax Tribunal and higher courts involving domestic UK corporation tax matters and advises clients on defending their public law rights through Judicial Review in the administrative courts. Jessica advises clients on preparing for dawn raids and has experience on defending claims to legal professional privilege.
Representative Legal Matters
- Acting for UK Power Networks in successful First-tier (Tax) Tribunal case on consortium relief
- Acting for large multinationals in resolving transfer pricing and Diverted Profits Tax disputes with HMRC in various sectors including high tech, pharma and professional services
- Acting for a number of clients on debt financing enquiries
- England & Wales~United Kingdom (2009)
- University of Cambridge (Master of Laws LL.M.) (2006)
- University of Oxford (BA Hons Jurisprudence) (2004)
- BPP Law School, London
Baker & McKenzie LLP, an English partnership, is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.