Lereesa is an associate in Baker McKenzie Dispute Resolution team, based in London. Lereesa advises clients on high-value, multi-jurisdictional commercial disputes across a range of industries, including healthcare and energy. She also has experience advising and acting for clients in a number of high-profile administrative law challenges. Lereesa is a Solicitor-Advocate with Higher Rights of Audience in Civil Proceedings.
Lereesa joined Baker McKenzie as a Trainee Solicitor in September 2014 and qualified into the Dispute Resolution Department in September 2016. During her time at Baker Mckenzie she has spent time working in the Dispute Resolution teams in Baker McKenzie's Hong Kong, Madrid and Dubai offices.
Lereesa is mentioned as a key lawyer and described as “hardworking, diligent and excellent to work with” in the 2021 Legal 500 premium commercial litigation category.
Representative Legal Matters
- Acting for a state-owned gas company in an ongoing multimillion dispute in the Commercial Court in relation to loss suffered as a result of a share dilution scheme.
- Acting for a clinical research organisation in a multimillion dispute in the Commercial Court defending claims of breach of contract, misrepresentation and deceit, and the enforcement of an associated worldwide freezing order.
- Acting for a worldwide transport and logistics company in a multimillion claim for push payment fraud, including a freezing injunction application.
- Acting for a global healthcare company defending multimillion DIAC arbitration proceedings brought by its former distributor in the Middle East.
- Acting for a multinational bank in a dispute in the Moscow Commercial Court against a Russian news agency regarding the freezing of funds pursuant to European sanctions regulations.
- Acting for the Scottish Government in the Brexit litigation R (Miller) v The Prime Minister 2019 UKSC 41.
- Acting for the Claimants in a judicial review claim against the Government in relation to the Energy National Policy Statements.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Member of the Law Society of England & Wales - Member
- Member of the Young Public Lawyer's group - Committee member
- Lereesa regularly provides pro bono advice to a number of the Firm's current pro bono clients, including the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR), Stonewall and the Good Law Project. Lereesa was nominated for the Junior Lawyer of the Year award at the LawWorks Pro Bono Awards 2018 for her work on a successful intervention for the charity Stonewall.
- Lereesa is a member of the steering committee for the Firm's social mobility focus group, BakerOpportunity, where she leads the in-reach and progression workstream. In 2018 and 2019, Lereesa chaired the firm's social mobility week panel event, featuring former Chair of the Social Mobility Commission, Sir Alan Milburn and David Johnston MP. In February 2020, Lereesa also featured in a panel discussion alongside Lord Justice Singh and barrister and author Hashi Mohammed to discuss social mobility issues.
- England & Wales~United Kingdom (2016)
- University of Nottingham (LLB in Law) (2013)
- University of Law (Legal Practice Course (with distinction))