Lereesa is an associate in the Baker McKenzie Dispute Resolution team based in London. Lereesa advises on a range of matters, primarily in the field of commercial litigation. Lereesa has also assisted clients in a number of more specialist areas including public law and product liability. She is a member of the team's Regulatory, Public and Media Law sub-practice group and the Global Healthcare Industry group.
Lereesa joined Baker McKenzie as a trainee solicitor in September 2014 and qualified into the Dispute Resolution Department in September 2016. During her time at Baker McKenzie she has spent time working in the Dispute Resolution teams in Baker McKenzie's Hong Kong and Madrid offices.
Representative Legal Matters
- Acting for a state-owned gas company in an ongoing multimillion dispute in the Commercial Court in relation to loss suffered as a result of a share dilution scheme.
Acting for a clinical research organisation in a multimillion dispute in the Commercial Court defending claims of breach of contract, misrepresentation and deceit, and the enforcement of an associated worldwide freezing order.
Advising a global industrial and engineering company on an injunction to enforce restrictive covenants and confidentiality clauses breached by former employees.
- Acting for LGBT+ charity Stonewall in an intervention in the High Court in relation to a transgender father's right of access to her children.
- Advising a global oil and gas company in relation to contractual environmental legacy claims brought against it in the French Courts and governed by English law.
- Advising a Fortune 500 pharmaceutical company on the merits of a possible judicial review against the National Institute for Health and Care Excellence.
Acting for a large hotel company involved in an unfair prejudice petition brought under the Companies Act 2006.
- Acting for a world-leading manufacturer of pool equipment in a product liability claim.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Law Society of England & Wales - Member
Lereesa regularly provides pro bono advice to a number of the Firm's current pro bono clients and was nominated for the Junior Lawyer of the Year award at the LawWorks Pro Bono Awards 2018 for her work on a successful intervention for Stonewall. Lereesa also attends the Legal Advice Centre in Tower Hamlets to provide pro bono legal advice to local residents.
Lereesa is a member of the steering committee for the Firm's social mobility focus group, BakerOpportunity, where she leads the in-reach and progression workstream that is focussed on creating an inclusive and supportive workplace for people from all different backgrounds and identifying and removing any obstacles to progression. In November 2018, Lereesa chaired the Firm's social mobility week panel event, featuring former Chair of the Social Mobility Commission, Sir Alan Milburn.
- England & Wales~United Kingdom (2016)
- University of Nottingham (LLB in Law) (2013)
- University of Law (Legal Practice Course with distinction)
- Hong Kong