Leigh Duthie has over 15 years' experience in the construction space and has acted on major domestic and cross-border construction claims. Leigh is widely recognised for his construction litigation experience and his ability to lead on major projects.
Leigh's practice focuses on acting for major Australian and multinational corporations in relation to complex contractual and non-contractual claims arising from infrastructure projects, defects in plant, and faults in heavy mining machinery.
Representative Legal Matters
Acting for major foreign entities in International Chamber of Commerce arbitrations.
Advising Federal and State Governments in relation to construction disputes.
Acting on one of the largest ICC arbitrations ever involving an Australian company.
Acting on large-scale claims brought against a major foreign entity.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Australasian Forum for International Arbitration
- Chartered Institute of Arbitrators (MCIArb)
- London Court of International Arbitration
- National Product Liability Association
- England & Wales~United Kingdom (1998)
- Victoria~Australia (1988)
- New South Wales~Australia (1984)
- Australian Capital Territory~Australia (1984)
- Queensland~Australia (1984)
- University of Sydney (LL.M.) (1989)
- Australian National University (LL.B.) (1983)
- Australian National University (Bachelor of Economics) (1983)