Maureen Duffy has represented employers in state and federal administrative agencies and courts throughout California regarding all areas of employment litigation, including wrongful termination, employment discrimination, and retaliation. She also has substantial in-house experience having served as Global Employment Counsel for hi-tech and financial services companies where she worked closely with senior management advising on legal developments and issues impacting the companies in their offices around the world.
At an earlier stage in her career, prior to joining Jackson Lewis P.C., Maureen was a senior associate in Baker McKenzie San Franciso's International Labor and Employment Practice, where she represented Fortune 500 companies as well as hi-tech start-ups in labor and employment litigation as first or second chair in bench and jury trials before Federal and State courts, arbitrations and administrative tribunals both in union and non-union settings. In addition, Maureen counseled employers in all areas of labor relations, personnel and employment practices.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- State Bar of California, Labor and Employment Section
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of California~United States (1997)
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of California~United States (1996)
- California~United States (1993)
- Bennington College (MFA) (2008)
- University of Michigan Law School (JD) (1993)
- University of Iowa (BGS) (1981)
Baker & McKenzie LLP is a Limited Liability Partnership organized under the laws of the State of Illinois (USA) and is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Verein organized under the laws of Switzerland.