Olivier Ducrey is a member of Baker McKenzie's Commercial/Corporate and Real Estate groups in Geneva. He is also actively involved in the Firm's Sport & Entertainment Industry Group and is a board member of the Swiss Sports Law Association (ASDS). Olivier joined Baker McKenzie as a law clerk in 2002 and was made associate in 2004.
Olivier's practice focuses on drafting and negotiating commercial agreements. He advises clients on commercial and contractual transactions, negotiates labour agreements, reviews sale-purchase agreements, media rights, sponsorship and product licence agreements for sport federations, clubs and players, and represents clients in commercial disputes in the Geneva courts and sports tribunals (CAS, BAT and FIFA chambers). He was seconded to UEFA for four months in 2008 for matters related to EURO 2008, and for five months in 2009 for contractual and dispute matters.
Representative Legal Matters
- Reviewed media right agreements and sponsorship agreements for major international Sport federations.
- Represented a Russian first division basketball club in connection to a wide range of matters, including employment dispute, before the Basketball Arbitral Tribunal.
- Assisted bowmen in connection with their employment agreements with a team participating to the 34th America’s Cup.
- Represented a tennis player before the Court of Arbitration for Sport (Lausanne) in a "doping" case.
- Employment-related advice to a professional football player in relation with an unfair dismissal claim brought by the player before the FIFA Dispute Resolution Chamber.
- Advised a client in respect of ambush marketing issues in relation with FIFA World Cup 2010.
- Drafted host city agreements for a major Sport event.
- Assisted an organizer of ATP tennis tournament with all contractual documentation.
- Reviewed sponsorship agreements for Paris-Dakar rally participants.
- Reviewed image license agreements for a Swiss company contracting with Brazilian footballers.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Swiss Bar Association - Member
- Geneva Bar Association - Member
- Young Lawyers Association - Member
- Swiss Sports Law Association - Board Member
- Art-Law Centre - Member
- Geneva~Switzerland (2004)
- Europa Institute Basel (Master Advanced European Studies) (2002)
- University of Fribourg (Master Law) (2001)