Olivier Ducrey is attorney-at-law at Baker & McKenzie since 2004. He is a member of the Firm's Commercial/Corporate and Real Estate (co-head) in Geneva and is leading the Sport & Entertainment Industry Group of the Firm.
Olivier was seconded with UEFA during four months in 2008 in relation with EURO 2008 and during five months in 2009 for contractual and disputes matters. Olivier assists UEFA in connection with the organisation of the UEFA European Championships 2008, 2012, 2016 and 2020.
Olivier's practice focuses on real estate transactions: sale and purchase, residential and commercial lease, development, commercialization, and advising on the realization of stadium and multifunctional sport arenas, office complexes, hotel/apartment facilities, data centres, retail premises and residential developments. He represents private individuals, Swiss and foreign development companies, as well as real estate funds and international companies active on the real estate market in Switzerland.
Olivier also focuses on drafting and negotiating commercial and sports related agreements. He regularly represents clients in sports disputes before sports tribunals (CAS, BAT, FIFA chambers) and advises clients on commercial and contractual transactions, negotiates labour agreements, reviews sale-purchase agreements, reviews media rights, sponsorship and product licence agreements for sports federations, clubs and players.
Representative Legal Matters
- Assist on major development and construction projects including drafting of hotel management agreement, restaurant and licensing agreement, site acquisition, funding, in Valais.
- Assist real estate owner in the sale of its property including data room management, negotiation and drafting of contractual documentation.
- Represent a French developer on acquisition and development of shopping centers and entertainment complexes in Switzerland.
- Advise on legal and tax aspects of the acquisition by a German company of a Swiss portfolio including industrial areas, development areas and office premises.
- Advise on major development and construction projects including site acquisition, funding, in Valais.
- Draft host city agreements and stadium agreements for major sports event.
- Draft ethic code for an international federation.
- Assist funds in the acquisition of football clubs in Portugal and Brazil.
- Assist clients in the acquisition of three hockey clubs in Switzerland.
- Assist football players in a transfer dispute before the CAS.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Swiss Bar Association - Member
- Geneva Bar Association - Member
- Young Lawyers Association - Member
- Swiss Sports Law Association - Board Member
- Art-Law Centre - Member
- Geneva~Switzerland (2004)
- Europa Institute Basel (Master Advanced European Studies) (2002)
- University of Fribourg (Master Law) (2001)
Co-author, Review of the 2016 Case Law of the Swiss Federal Tribunal concerning Sports Arbitration, in Causa Sport 4/2017
Co-author, Review of the 2015 Case Law of the Swiss Federal Tribunal concerning Sports Arbitration, in Causa Sport 3/2016
Speaker and moderator, Les Journées du Droit du Sport, Macolin Switzerland, 2018 / 2016 / 2014 / 2012 / 2010
Lecturer on sport laws, SAWI, Lausanne Switzerland, Academic year 2017-2018
Speaker, CEDIDAC conference on sport contracts, Lausanne Switzerland, 2017