Marie Catherine Ducharme is a senior associate and practices in the ITC Group of Baker McKenzie in Paris. She is a member of the Paris and Quebec Bars.
Before joining the Firm, Marie Catherine was an intern at Amazon.fr as well as in French and Canadian law firms.
Marie Catherine focuses her practice on data protection, new technologies, IT, outsourcing and telecommunications agreements and internet-related matters.
She advises clients in the field of data protection, both in relation to compliance and litigation. She has represented several clients before the French Data Protection Authority (CNIL) sanction committee.
Marie Catherine also assists clients in the drafting and negotiation of various IT agreement (outsourcing, licensing, systems integration, IT services, etc.).
Representative Legal Matters
- Advised global companies on complex data protection litigation before the French Data Protection Authority (CNIL) and the French Administrative Supreme Court (Conseil d’état) as well as on the processing of data subjects complaints.
- Advised global companies on complex data subject access requests to their personal data involving multiple jurisdictions.
- Advised global companies on data protection compliance matters such as review of privacy policies, preparation of data protection impact assessment, assistance on transfers of personal data, drafting of data retention policies, etc.
- Assisted market leaders in the banking, luxury, transport, hospitality and automotive sectors in the drafting and negotiation of complex agreements in the context of large IT projects (such as global outsourcing projects in technology, business processing and telecommunications).
- Assisted IT providers, software publishers, and customers of IT-related services or software, in the review and negotiation of their software license and maintenance agreements, cloud computing agreements, integration agreements, transition services agreements, etc.
- Paris~France (2018)
- Quebec~Canada (2017)
- Université Pantheon-Assas (Paris II) (Master 2 Information Technology Law) (2015)
- McGill University (B.C.L./LL.B.) (2013)
- University of Montreal (B.A. French and English Literatures) (2010)