Debra focuses her practice on estate and gift tax planning for high net worth individuals, and the administration of estates and trusts. Debra has extensive experience advising the principals of private equity, hedge funds and venture capital firms regarding the transfer of interests in investment funds. Debra counsels executives, business owners, and their families in connection with wealth transfer and preservation, charitable giving, multi-generational planning and business succession planning. Debra also counsels fiduciaries with regard to the administration of multimillion dollar estates and trusts.
Debra’s estate planning experience includes substantially all aspects of legal matters pertaining to high net worth individuals. In addition, Debra represents non-US citizens and trusts with respect to international estate planning matters. Debra represents clients in estate and gift tax disputes with the Internal Revenue Service.
- Rated AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Ann and Robert H. Lurie Children’s Hospital of Chicago Foundation - Legacy Partners
- Chicago Bar Association - Trust Law Executive Committee Member
- Chicago Estate Planning Council
- Guardian Ad Litem, Chicago Volunteer Legal Services
- New York State Bar Association
- Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners
- Wills for Heroes Foundation, Wills for Heroes Program
- New York~United States (2013)
- Illinois~United States (2000)
- University of Notre Dame Law School (JD cum laude) (2000)
- Southern Methodist University (BA) (1997)
- Southern Methodist University (BS) (1997)