Alexander Dovgalyuk is an associate in the Moscow office of Baker McKenzie. Alexander Dovgalyuk focuses on intellectual property, including general IP advice, IP enforcement and litigation.
Alexander practices in the field of general IP advice, IP enforcement and litigation.
Representative Legal Matters
Alexander Dovgalyuk's recent experience includes the following:
- Represented a major global producer of apparel in an unfair competition dispute against an organizer of fake franchising which was promoted as a Russian branch of the Client; cancelling the infringer’s trademark as having been registered unfairly.
- Represented a global tobacco manufacturer producer in non-use cancellation proceedings against a local tobacco manufacturer which owned the trademarks similar to the Client’s global brand and produced the cigarettes similar to the ones produced by the Client in other countries. The case was complicated by the fact the local producer used the trademark, but the designation actually used was substantially different from the trademark registered.
- Represented a major multinational software developer in a dispute initiated by a Russian individual for alleged misappropriation of copyright in a major international operating system.
- Represented a major multinational truck manufacturer in a series of disputes all over Russia against local unauthorized dealers that used the client’s trademarks to misrepresent themselves as official dealer centres.
- Represented a major cosmetics company in civil actions against a big seller of counterfeits and a parallel importer.
- Represented a major international chain of fast food restaurants in a civil dispute initiated by a trademark "troll" over use of its trademark in the Client's ad campaign. Courts of all instances dismissed the claim claiming that the claimant acted in bad faith and the trademark use was fair.
- Represented a major international food manufacturer in a trade dress dispute before an antimonopoly service.
- Represented major international companies in various domain name disputes both in arbitrazh [state commercial] courts and courts of general jurisdiction.
- Assisted copyright and trademark owners in combatting online piracy and “offline” counterfeiting of all kinds, including cooperation with customs and police in administrative and criminal proceedings.
- Advised major multinational and Russian companies on protection of company names, trademarks, copyrights, patent rights and know-how in Russia.
- Russia (2009)
- National Research University Higher School of Economics (Law ) (2009)
Baker & McKenzie - CIS, Limited is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.