Representative Legal Matters
- Directs global information governance projects in a variety of sectors including banking and financial services, insurance, pharma/medical devices, technology and manufacturing.
- Prepares global records retention policies and schedules with attention to multi-jurisdictional legal compliance, privacy implications, cross-border data transfer restrictions, and media-format requirements, and assesses the impact of limitation periods, local best practice, and industry risk in arriving at enterprise-wide solutions.
- Develops iG360 platform services for global information governance clients including features designed to streamline the provision and implementation of legal advice such as establishing a comprehensive global legal foundation for the advice, innovative communication and alert/update tools, and online Q&As to address client issues as they arise.
- Ontario~Canada (1993)
- University of Toronto (LL.B.) (1991)
- University of Toronto (M.L.S.) (1985)
- Queen's University (B.A.) (1983)
Regular contributor to the Information Governance section of b:INFORM, an online portal of Baker McKenzie’s Global Information Technology & Communications Group regarding legal developments and trends in the data privacy, information governance and technology world
Co-author, "Canada Chapter," Global Overview of Anti-Bribery Laws, Baker McKenzie, 2016
Speaker, “Privacy and Data Protection Concerns,” Common Reporting Standard Compliance, The Canadian Institute: Toronto, 18 October 2016
Speaker, "Information Governance: An Alternative Path to a Successful IT Career," Empowering and Inspiring Women in IT, Hispanotech: Toronto, 29 September 2016
Speaker, "Strategic Risk Management in Global Information Governance," Doing Business Globally, Baker McKenzie, Toronto, 16 October 2015