Michael is a finance partner in the London office and has deep experience of the international financial markets.
Michael has extensive experience across the developed, emerging and frontier markets. His clients include private equity/credit funds, investment banks, multinational corporations, sovereign governments, state-owned entities, state agencies, supranational development banks, sovereign wealth funds and family offices.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Solicitor of the Supreme Court of England and Wales – 1995
- Solicitor of the Supreme Court of Northern Ireland – 1988
- Supreme Court of England~United Kingdom (1995)
- Northern Ireland (1988)
- Institute of Professional Legal Studies Belfast (1987)
- Queen's University Belfast (LLB, with Honors) (1986)
Co-author, "Critical Challenges Facing the Green Bond Market," International Financial Law Review, September 2019
Author, "The view from Cyprus: Paradigm shift in approach to Eurozone crisis," Journal of International Banking and Financial Law (JIBFL), 2013
Author, "Bond exit consents: No way out?" PLC, 30 August 2012
Author, "Difficult Times for Junior Creditors: IMO Car Wash and other recent developments," Bankers Law, March 2010
Author, "Sovereign wealth funds: the rapidly evolving landscape," PLC, January/February 2009