Rossanna D’Onza is a partner in Baker McKenzie's Madrid office. With more than 25 years of experience, Rossanna leads the Firm’s Transactional Banking & Finance practice in Madrid. She has been acknowledged by the Latin Lawyer and Chambers & Partners directories as a leading lawyer in Insolvency & Restructuring and Projects, respectively, and as a leading lawyer in Banking & Finance by Legal 500. She is a member of the European R&I Steering Committee of Baker McKenzie.
Rossanna focuses mainly on advising banks, alternative lenders and sponsor/borrower groups in a wide range of cross-border and local finance and restructuring transactions, including cross-border lending, debt restructuring and NPLs, project finance, acquisition finance and LOBs, real estate finance, trade finance, film finance and securitizations.
Representative Legal Matters
- Acted as Spanish legal counsel and Luxembourg legal counsel to investors in connection with the financing of the remodeling project of the Santiago Bernabeu Stadium in Madrid by means of a US private placement of debt securities.
- Advised Colony Capital and Neinver on the bank financing for the acquisition of several logistic warehouses in Spain.
- Advising Colony NorthStar on bids and the acquisitions of various Spanish NPL portfolios (some structured through securitization funds and subparticipation arrangements).
- Advised FROB and Catalunya Banc on the sale of its real estate loan portfolio to Blackstone by means of a FTA for EUR 7 billion, including structuring advice to minimize tax impact of transfer of mortgage loans.
- Acted for SAREB on its first two sales of distressed real estate assets (Bull and Teide portfolios), structured through the first banking assets funds (FABs) ever set up in Spain and on the outright sale of various mortgage loan portfolios and also on the sale of several loan portfolios, including the Pamela, Antares and Pegasus.
- Madrid~Spain (2004)
- Venezuela (1994)
- Harvard University (LL.M.) (1997)
- Andrés Bello Catholic University (M.C.L. Honors) (1993)
Baker & McKenzie Madrid S.L.P. is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.