Neil Donoghue is the head of Baker McKenzie's Global Nuclear Energy Practice.
Neil's practice is focused on project development and M&A transactions in the energy, mining, petrochemical and infrastructure sectors throughout Europe, the Middle East, Africa and the CIS. Neil has over 20 years of experience in these sectors and his clients include a number of global power companies, international oil companies, national oil and mining companies, and companies in the petrochemical sector.
Representative Legal Matters
- Acting for Korea Electric Power Corporation (KEPCO) on the USD20 billion development and financing of a 5,500MW nuclear power plant in the United Arab Emirates.
- Acting for Sociedad Nacional de Combustiveis de Angola, Empressa Publica (Sonangol) in relation to the USD12 billion development of a 200,000 barrels per stream day refinery located on a greenfield site north of Lobito, Angola.
- Acting for PetroChina in relation to the 3900km West-East Gas Pipeline linking the Tarim Basin to Shanghai.
- Acting for Qatar Petroleum in relation to development of and acquisition of capacity rights of the Golden Pass and Elba Island LNG receiving terminals in the US.
- Hong Kong (1989)
- England & Wales~United Kingdom (1984)
- College of Law at Guildford (S.F.E.) (1982)
- University College, London (LL.B.) (1981)
- Hong Kong