Shannon Donnelly is a partner in the Firm's Chambers recognized Global Immigration & Mobility Practice Group and serves as the head of the Washington, DC practice. She focuses her practice on employment-based immigration law and has represented and advised clients from a variety of industries, including investment banking and securities, personal and commercial banking, information technology, economic consulting, manufacturing, healthcare and nonprofits.
Recognized as one of the Chambers USA's Leaders in Their Field and recommended by Legal 500, Ms. Donnelly facilitates the mobility of key foreign executives and managers, specialized knowledge and professional workers. She regularly assists US and Canada employers manage their cross border business travelers, and specializes in other cross border matters. She provides I-9 compliance training, E-verify expertise and counsels US employers on policy development related to international mobility, compliance and immigration issues. Ms. Donnelly's practice includes the coordination of global compliance programs for multinational clients at Baker & McKenzie and provides strategic advise related to global immigration policies and best practices.
Representative Legal Matters
- Relationship partner and service manager for a variety of organizations with US and global business needs.
- Lead compliance projects and due diligence initiatives related to change management, pre- and post-acquisition from both the buy and sell side.
- Draft and help execute a comprehensive immigration compliance policy for the company's US operations, as well as policies related to I-9 compliance and business travel.
- Work with audit committee and compliance officers to assess third-party vendor and internal compliance with governing B-1 visa and overall immigration protocols, creating a best practice framework and certification for annual auditing.
- Ranked Lawyer, Chambers USA, 2015-2018
- Top Lawyer, Washingtonian Magazine, 2017-2018
- Recognized Attorney, Legal 500, 2012-2013, 2018
Professional Associations and Memberships
- New York Bar Association
- District of Columbia Bar
- American Bar Association
- American Immigration Lawyers Association (2000 - present)
- District of Columbia~United States (2000)
- New York~United States (2000)
- American University, Washington College of Law (JD) (1999)
- American University, School of International Service (MA International Affairs/Politics) (1999)
- Middlebury College (BA International Politics & Economics; Spanish) (1996)