Boonyaporn Donnapee is a member of the Firm's Capital Markets Practice Group in Bangkok. She joined Baker McKenzie in 2004 and became a partner in 2016. Ms. Donnapee advises clients in the areas of capital markets, IPO, mergers and acquisition transactions, focusing on listed companies, financial instructions and securities companies.
Ms. Donnapee's areas of practice also span a variety of securities and corporate transactions. She regularly provides regulatory and legal advice to onshore and offshore banks, securities companies, fund management companies, investment and private wealth companies, listed and non-listed companies. Ms. Donnapee also advises end-users and offshore derivatives dealers regarding ISDA Master Agreement and laws on derivatives.
Representative Legal Matters
- Acted as deal counsel for two publicly listed transportation and logistic service providers in their amalgamation transaction. The deal was regarded as the largest amalgamation deal for transportation and logistic business in ASEAN.
- Advised major shareholders of commercial banks in Thailand, on share sale agreements and shareholders agreements with their new strategic shareholders.
- Advised a commercial bank in Thailand and its major shareholder on an acquisition of shares in another publicly listed commercial bank, through a public bidding process.
- Advised a publicly listed securities company in its acquisition of shares and the transfer of the target's securities brokerage business and derivatives agency business.
- Advised various companies in preparing for domestic and international IPOs and in listing shares on the Stock Exchange of Thailand.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Thai Bar Association - Extraordinary Member
- The Law Society of Thailand - Member
- Thailand (2003)
- Columbia University (LLM) (2008)
- Chulalongkorn University (LLB 1st class honors) (2003)