Nigel co-leads both the Transfer Pricing and Tax Disputes teams in London. He also leads the Valuations practice. He joined the Firm in 2009, having previously worked in Ernst & Young's transfer pricing and supply chain team for 10 years. Nigel has been listed in 2018 as a Leading Individual by Legal 500 in relation to Tax Disputes work in the UK Nigel has also been listed as a rising star in EXPERT GUIDES, The World’s Leading Practitioners Chosen by Their Peers, LMG Rising Stars 2017.
Nigel advises clients from a range of different industries on global transfer pricing matters, focusing on the design and defence of transfer pricing policies. Nigel has focussed heavily on Tax Disputes over the last few years and has successfully settled a number of high-value, high-profile audits. Nigel has also helped clients to implement a number of business restructuring arrangements with tax effective transfer pricing designs.
Representative Legal Matters
- Settlement with HMRC of a number of transfer pricing and DPT audits for high profile groups relating mainly to IP arrangements and DEMPE valuations.
- Development of business effective and efficient transfer pricing designs for a range of businesses including FMCG.
- Multi-year engagements for a number of clients across different business divisions and a range of countries to develop transfer pricing policies, focusing often on IP valuations.
- London School of Economics (LSE) (Masters Economics) (2003)
- Nottingham University (B.S. Economics) (2000)
Baker & McKenzie LLP, an English partnership, is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.