Dr. Thomas Dörmer is corporate / M&A partner in Baker McKenzie's Berlin office and a member of the Firm's Energy & Infrastructure group.
Prior to joining the Firm, Thomas practiced in an international law firm's M&A/corporate department from 2005 to 2012, focusing on regulated industries, particularly on energy and infrastructure. From 2013 to 2016, he was a partner in the corporate/M&A and energy and infrastructure groups of another leading international law firm. Thomas has published several articles related to his practice.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advised Commerz Real Kapitalverwaltungsgesellschaft (KVG) on the acquisition of the wind farm Fläming (16.8 MW) for its "CR Institutional Renewable Energies Fund.”
- Advised the banking consortium on financing the acquisition of the German sub-metering group ista, one of the world's leading energy efficiency providers, by a Chinese joint venture consisting of CK Infrastructure Holdings Limited (CKI) and Cheung Kong Property Holdings Limited.
- Advised Creos Deutschland Holding GmbH on the acquisition of all shares in STEAG Netz GmbH in a bidding process.
- Advised Chubu Electric Power Co., Inc. and Mitsubishi UFJ Lease & Finance Co. Ltd. on the acquisition of participations in two Offshore TSOs, that operate the offshore HVDC-transmission lines BorWin 1, BorWin 2, DolWin 2 and HelWin 2.
- Advising ALBA Group on joint ventures regarding its China business and its service segment with Techcent in an auction process.
Prior to joining Baker McKenzie, Thomas handled the following matters:
- Advised Swiss Life/Enovos on the envisaged acquisition of the German transmission network operator Thyssengas (auction process).
- Advised an infrastructure fund on the envisaged acquisition of Erdgasversorgungsgesellschaft/Erdgastransportgesellschaft Thüringen-Sachsen (EVG/ETG) in a bidding process.
- Advised Vattenfall on the disposal of its engineering and laboratory unit (auction process).
- Advised Banco Santander on the acquisition and PMI of the German retail business from SEB.
- Advised RWE on the disposal of their 550 MW share in the Rostock coal-fired power plant to RheinEnergie (alongside Vattenfall).
- Acritas Star, Acritas Sharplegal 2018
- Germany (2005)
- Free University of Berlin (Doctor Juris) (2010)
- Cornell Law School (LL.M.) (2005)
- Higher Court of Berlin (Second State Exam) (2004)
- Free University of Berlin (First State Exam) (2000)