Dr. Thomas Dörmer is corporate / M&A partner in Baker McKenzie's Berlin office and a member of the Firm's Energy & Infrastructure group.
Prior to joining the Firm, Thomas practiced in an international law firm's M&A/corporate department from 2005 to 2012, focusing on regulated industries, particularly on energy and infrastructure. From 2013 to 2016, he was a partner in the corporate/M&A and energy and infrastructure groups of another leading international law firm. Thomas has published several articles related to his practice.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advised Kansai Electric Power on the participation in the NeuConnect consortium which will build, finance and operate the first interconnector between Germany and the UK, i.e. two submarine 500 kV HVDC-cables.
- Advised Commerz Real Kapitalverwaltungsgesellschaft (KVG) on the acquisition of the wind farm Fläming (16.8 MW) for its "CR Institutional Renewable Energies Fund.”
- Advised the banking consortium on financing the acquisition of the German sub-metering group ista, one of the world's leading energy efficiency providers, by a Chinese joint venture consisting of CK Infrastructure Holdings Limited (CKI) and Cheung Kong Property Holdings Limited.
- Advised Creos Deutschland Holding GmbH on the acquisition of all shares in STEAG Netz GmbH in a bidding process.
- Advised Chubu Electric Power Co., Inc. and Mitsubishi UFJ Lease & Finance Co. Ltd. on the acquisition of participations in two Offshore TSOs, that operate the offshore HVDC-transmission lines BorWin 1, BorWin 2, DolWin 2 and HelWin 2.
- Advised ALBA Group on joint ventures regarding its China business and its service segment with Techcent in an auction process.
Prior to joining Baker McKenzie, Thomas handled the following matters:
- Advised Swiss Life/Enovos on the envisaged acquisition of the German transmission network operator Thyssengas (auction process).
- Advised an infrastructure fund on the envisaged acquisition of Erdgasversorgungsgesellschaft/Erdgastransportgesellschaft Thüringen-Sachsen (EVG/ETG) in a bidding process.
- Advised Vattenfall on the disposal of its engineering and laboratory unit (auction process).
- Advised RWE on the disposal of their 550 MW share in the Rostock coal-fired power plant to RheinEnergie (alongside Vattenfall).
- Acritas Star, Acritas Sharplegal 2018
- Germany (2005)
- Free University of Berlin (Doctor Juris) (2010)
- Cornell Law School (LL.M.) (2005)
- Higher Court of Berlin (Second State Exam) (2004)
- Free University of Berlin (First State Exam) (2000)