Carlos Dodds has extensive experience in the area of employment law. He is managing partner of Baker McKenzie’s Buenos Aires office, champion of Diversity & Inclusion in Latin America, and vice president of the Private Bar Association of the City of Buenos Aires. He joined the Firm in 1990 and became a partner in 1999.
Carlos served as chair of various practice groups in the Firm including the the Latin American Labor & Employment Practice Group from 2004 to 2008, Global Labor, Employment & Employee Benefits Practice Group from 2010 to 2014, and the Labor & Employment Practice Group of the Buenos Aires Office since 1994. He also served as chair of the Firm’s Client Credit Appeal Committee from 2008 to 2014.
Carlos focuses on employment contracts, litigation, expatriates, workers’ compensation, social security and pension funds and labor-related litigation. He also advises clients on collective employee terminations, occupational health and safety matters, collective bargaining agreements, union negotiations and special civil litigation on product liability cases.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- American Chamber of Commerce, Argentina - Labor Committee
- Buenos Aires Bar Association - Member
- Spanish Chamber of Commerce in Argentina - Member of the Labor Committee
- Capital Federal~Argentina (1990)
- Buenos Aires~Argentina (1990)
- University of Buenos Aires (M.C.L. Honors) (1987)