Paweł Długoborski co-heads the Restructuring & Insolvency Practice Group in Warsaw and serves as member of the Firm's Banking & Finance practice. Paweł is a Polish-qualified advocate.
Prior to joining the Firm in October 2020, Paweł spent seven years at the Warsaw office of a global "magic circle" law firm, leaving as senior associate in the banking and finance and debt restructuring practices.
He advises on various types of financing, in particular complex debt refinancings and restructurings.
Paweł focuses on banking and finance matters, with an emphasis on financial restructuring mandates (out-of-court and in-court).
He provides advice on the whole spectrum of credit health, from healthy credit new money deals (acquisition finance, refinancings, real estate finance) to refined stretched and/or distressed credit situations (out-of-court and in-court restructurings, distressed debt trades, distressed M&A financings, rescue financings), to insolvency scenarios.
Paweł assists financial creditors (lenders, bondholders, insurers, factoring and leasing providers), debtors (borrowers, issuers of bonds) and investors.
Representative Legal Matters
Prior to joining the Firm, Paweł advised:
- OT Logistics, a Polish-listed company and its capital group, providing comprehensive services in sea, rail and road transport, forwarding and logistics, on the restructuring of its financial indebtedness (deal highlighted for complexity and innovative instruments in the 2020 edition of the IFLR Europe Awards for Poland).
- The lenders on the out-of-court and in-court the financial restructuring of TXM, a Polish-listed company and owner of the Textilmarket chain.
- The lenders on the out-of-court financial restructuring of Sygnity, a leading Polish-listed company from the IT sector.
- TDJ Group, a leading Polish private investment firm in the approx. PLN 700 million debt restructuring of the Kopex Group, a Polish-listed company and key player in the machine manufacturing sector in Poland.
- The financiers in connection with the acquisition by Cornerstone Partners and Oaktree Capital Management of the IT Kontrakt group and subsequent add-on acquisitions by IT Kontrakt of Polish and foreign targets.
- A syndicate of seven lenders on the PLN 1.1 billion syndicated loan facility to Inter Cars S.A., a Polish-listed company and the largest distributor of automotive spare parts in the CEE, and its group companies.
- The lenders and bondholders in connection with the financing for a Polish-listed company from the recycling and urban mining sector, including by way of revolving credit facilities, term facilities for the purposes of a share buy-back and refinancing of revolving credit facilities and bonds for the purposes of refinancing existing bonds.
- A club of 12 financial creditors (commercial banks, state-owned banks and insurance companies) on the dual-track, in-court and out-of-court restructuring of approx. PLN 3 billion indebtedness of PBG, a Polish-listed company providing comprehensive, specialist contracting services for natural gas, crude oil, and fuel facilities.
- Empik Media & Fashion, a Polish-listed company and capital group which owned several retail companies, operating in particular in the books and multimedia distribution segment in Poland, Western Europe and CEE, in connection with the complex reorganization of its indebtedness of approx. PLN 1.2 billion towards banks and financial institutions.
- The lenders on the out-of-court debt restructuring of Ferrum, a Polish-listed company and leader in the manufacturing of transmission media pipes, also with regard to the investment of a joint-venture of private investors and the Polish Development Fund into Ferrum.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Warsaw University (Master's Degree in Law)
- British Law Centre (Diploma in English and EU Law (with merit))
Speaker, "Financial restructurings in the COVID-19 era from a lawyers' perspective: review of available strategic options", XI International Conference of the Polish Interim Managers Association", December 2020
Speaker, "Practical aspects of bond restructurings," CEETA Corporate Bonds Congress, October 2019
Speaker, "Hot topics in bond restructurings," CEETA Corporate Bonds Congress, October 2018