Margarita Divina practices mainly in the area of intellectual property law. A graduate (with honors) of the Moscow State University, Ms. Divina is admitted to practice in Russia since 1999 and also is a trademark attorney registered to practice before the Russian Patent and Trademark Office. She is a member of the International Trademark Association and the Association of European Businesses. Ms. Divina is also a member of board and international delegate of Licensing Executives Society Russia.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advised major multinational and Russian companies on intellectual property protection concerns in Russia.
- Advised multinational hotel and restaurant operating companies on franchising and trademark assignment issues and licensing concerns in Russia and other CIS jurisdictions.
- Represented a major Russian oil company in negotiations pertaining to technology, patent and trademark licensing.
- Advised a major multinational beer company on trademark enforcement issues and trademark licensing structures in CIS jurisdictions.
- Successfully represented major European and Russian pharmaceutical companies before the Russian Antimonopoly Authority on unfair competition issues.
- Advised a major European automobile company on issues pertaining to trademark licensing structures.
- Successfully represented a major European liquor manufacturer in trademark infringement proceedings.
- Advised major multi-national apparel, sportswear and footwear companies on issues pertaining to franchising and trademark licensing strategies.
- Advised major multinational software and IT companies on issues of software and technology licensing.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- European Business Association
- International Trademark Association (INTA)
- Licensing Executives Society of Russia
- Russia (1999)
- Russian Patent and Trademark Office~Russia
- Moscow State University Law Faculty (Post Graduate Degree) (2003)
- Moscow State University Law Faculty (J.D. Honors) (1999)
Ms. Divina frequently speaks on various local and international conferences, seminars and business meeting on franchise, licensing and other intellectual property issues. She authored several publications on intellectual property matters.
- Co-author, "Russian Federation: The government approves agreement on regional Eurasian trademarks," Baker McKenzie InsightPlus, 25 September 2020