Margarita Divina practices mainly in the area of intellectual property law. A graduate (with honors) of the Moscow State University, Ms. Divina is admitted to practice in Russia since 1999 and also is a trademark attorney registered to practice before the Russian Patent and Trademark Office. She is a member of the International Trademark Association and the Association of European Businesses. Ms. Divina is also a member of board and international delegate of Licensing Executives Society Russia.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advised major multinational and Russian companies on intellectual property protection concerns in Russia.
- Advised multinational hotel and restaurant operating companies on franchising and trademark assignment issues and licensing concerns in Russia and other CIS jurisdictions.
- Represented a major Russian oil company in negotiations pertaining to technology, patent and trademark licensing.
- Advised a major multinational beer company on trademark enforcement issues and trademark licensing structures in CIS jurisdictions.
- Successfully represented major European and Russian pharmaceutical companies before the Russian Antimonopoly Authority on unfair competition issues.
- Advised a major European automobile company on issues pertaining to trademark licensing structures.
- Successfully represented a major European liquor manufacturer in trademark infringement proceedings.
- Advised major multi-national apparel, sportswear and footwear companies on issues pertaining to franchising and trademark licensing strategies.
- Advised major multinational software and IT companies on issues of software and technology licensing.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- European Business Association
- International Trademark Association (INTA)
- Licensing Executives Society of Russia
- Russia (1999)
- Russian Patent and Trademark Office~Russia
- Moscow State University Law Faculty (Post Graduate Degree) (2003)
- Moscow State University Law Faculty (J.D. Honors) (1999)