Michael has been with Baker McKenzie in Melbourne since July 2007, originally as a seconded law student within the Dispute Resolution, Insolvency and Employment practice group.
Having joined the Commercial Real Estate team as a junior associate in September 2013, Michael has experience in most aspects of property law, including retail and commercial property leasing, property and commercial due diligence for sales and acquisitions of CBD buildings and large subdivision developments.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advised Cbus Property on property and commercial leasing work of various Victorian residential, mixed use and hotel developments including the below developments:
- Collins Arch, 435 Collins Street. One of Australia's biggest mixed-use developments, this development takes on an entire CBD block and includes AUD 1.25 billion 42 storey twin towers to be connected by a sky bridge and housing 205 luxury apartments, a five-star 294-room hotel to be operated under the "W" Brand, retail and offices.
- 35 Spring Street – AUD 350 million luxury commercial and residential tower development comprising 43 levels of 235 high quality luxury residential apartments with associated car parking,
- Other Developments including: Assembly Apartments (North Melbourne); Volaire (West Melbourne); "The Warleigh" (Brighton); 4 Cromwell Street (South Yarra).
- Advised Kering as part of a virtual Real Estate Secondment, primarily involving assisting with the negotiation of existing and new leases across Asia Pacific, including brands such as Gucci, Balenciaga, Alexander McQueen and Saint Laurent.
- Acted in the negotiation of Nike's new head office at 161 Collins Street, Melbourne.
- Advised the Salvo Property Group in the acquisition and development of numerous large sites including Bank Apartments, Precinct Development and Platinum.
- Advised Salesforce in relation to commercial leasing negotiations on behalf of Salesforce's Australian entity in relation to its head offices in VIC, NSW and AC
- Advised The Body Shop Australia in relation to managing the assignment of more than 90 leases nationally and acting in the negotiation of existing and new leases nationally.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Law Institute of Victoria - Member
- Property Council of Australia, Victorian Chapter - Member
- Victoria~Australia (2013)
- Monash University (JD)
Baker & McKenzie, an Australian Partnership, is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.