Not admitted to practice law in this jurisdiction
Cal has gained considerable experience in providing litigation advice on large funded litigation actions as well restructuring matters since relocating to Australia. He also has significant experience advising Irish banks, private equity funds, insolvency practitioners, receivers and creditors in relation to all forms of contentious disputes.
Cal completed a six month client secondment with Link, a global asset servicing client. He trained and qualified into one of Ireland's leading commercial firms.
Representative Legal Matters
- Acting for Thai Airways in connection with the first ever Australian application for recognition of a Thai reorganisation proceeding under the Cross-Border Insolvency Act 2008 (Cth).
- Acting for AAR Group, a large US aviation engineering company as an unsecured trade creditor involved in the Virgin administration.
- Advised Safran Landing Systems, a French mechanical aviation company on the prospects of recovery as an unsecured trade creditor in the Virgin administration.
Participant in the Baker McKenzie AMICUS programme
- England & Wales (Solicitor) (2019)
- Ireland (Solicitor) (2017)
- Nottingham Law School (LLM - Sports Law) (2010)
- University College Cork (BCL - Law) (2008)
Baker & McKenzie, an Australian Partnership, is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.