Javier Diez-Hochleitner is of counsel in the Litigation and Arbitration Department of Baker McKenzie's Madrid office. He is a chaired professor of public international law and a Jean Monnet professor of European Union law at the Autónoma University of Madrid (UAM). Prior to joining the Firm, Mr. Diez-Hochleitner served as dean of UAM's Faculty of Law, deputy general director for legal affairs at the Spanish Secretary State for the European Communities, deputy chief of the International Legal Department of the Spanish Ministry of Foreign Affairs and vice chairman of the Enforcement Panel of the Independent Media Commission for Bosnia-Herzegovina.
Mr. Javier Díez-Hochleitner has extensive professional experience in the public and private sectors, international law, European Union law, and investment arbitration.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Madrid Bar Association - Member
- Spanish Arbitration Club (CEA) - Member
- European Society of International Law - Member
- Spanish Association rofesores de Derecho Internacional y Relaciones Internacionales - Member
- Spanish Association for the Study of European Law - Member
- The World Academy of Art and Science - Member
- Madrid~Spain (1979)
- Research Centre of the International Law Academy ,The Hague (1987)
- UN International Law Commission, Geneva (1985)
- Complutense University of Madrid (Ph.D. Law summa cum laude) (1985)
- Centro de Estudios Constitucionales de Madrid (Degree European Community Law) (1984)
- University Autonoma de Madrid (Law Degree) (1981)
Baker & McKenzie Madrid S.L.P. is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.