Hector Gaspar Diaz Santana Iturrios has more than twelve years of experience in tax. He has given legal advice in both international and Mexican tax matters and has participated as a speaker in several seminars organized by universities, professional associations and industrial chambers on matters related to taxation.
Representative Legal Matters
- Participated in several tax audit processes conducted by Mexican Tax Authorities in the development of fundamental answers in order to detract the undue positions argued by said authorities to entities of different industry sectors, as well as in the subsequent litigation procedures, when applicable.
- Involved in multiple due diligence procedures for the acquisition of corporate groups as well as of individual entities.
- Assisted in the structuring of operations in Mexico.
- Provided analysis of tax effects of international transactions such as service rendering, royalty agreements, financial operations, loan transactions, corporate restructuring, etc.
- Assisted in the determination of tax attributes and tax basis of shares in entities sale transactions.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- International Tax Planning Association - Member
- Mexican Institute of Certified Public Accountants - Member
- Mexican Lawyers Bar - Member
- Mexican Tax Law Academy - Member
- National Association of Corporate Lawyers - Member
- Mexico (2005)
- Universidad Pontificia de Comillas (ICADE), Madrid (Post Graduate Degree Maritime Law) (2015)
- University Regiomontana (Law Degree) (2012)
- University Regiomontana (Master's Degree Tax Law) (2009)
- Instituto Tecnológico y de Estudios Superiores de Monterrey (Degree Accounting & Finance) (2005)