Hector’s practice focus specializes in the development of tax related services related to tax planning, advisory in tax related matters, tax controversy, conclusive agreements (tax mediation), issuance of expert opinions for both private and public use, development of promotions before Mexican Tax Authorities, obtaining tax stimuli benefits, among other linked services for legal entities as well as individuals.
He has vast experience in handling of Mexican as well as International taxation topic and has been addressed to several industry sectors including energy, naval, manufacturing, aeronautic, financial, real state, and other areas of practice of the Firm such as corporate, real state, litigation, labor and banking.
Representative Legal Matters
- Developed the argument for the non-applicability of a tax debt charged to one of Mexico’s main naval services supplier through an audit process conducted by the Mexican tax authorities.
- Leaded the analysis of agreements entered into by an oil company and several Argentinean provinces regarding granted taxation benefits and obligations as part of an international operations assessment.
- Carried out the determination of tax attributes and tax basis for the sale of most of the equity representing one of Mexico’s main metallurgical industry groups to an Argentinean consortium.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Mexican Institute of Public Accountants - Member
- Mexican Lawyers Bar - Member
- Tax Law Academy - Member
- Mexico (2005)
- Universidad Pontificia de Comillas (ICADE), Madrid (Postgraduate Specialization on International Seamanship Law) (2015)
- Universidad Regiomontana (Law Degree) (2012)
- Universidad Regiomontana (Master Degree in Tax Law) (2009)
- Instituto Tecnologico y de Estudios Superiores de Monterrey (Public Accounting and Finances) (2005)