Stephanie Dewey is a partner in Baker McKenzie's Tax Practice Group in Toronto.
Stephanie's practice focuses on the Canadian tax aspects of corporate mergers, acquisitions, divestitures, reorganizations, financings and other tax planning in both the international and domestic contexts. Stephanie has particular experience advising on Canadian tax issues affecting multinationals with operations in Canada, including inbound structuring, cross-border employee mobility, withholding tax, and tax treaty issues, and on matters relating to executive compensation. Stephanie has industry specific experience in sectors including technology, media and telecommunications, energy, mining and infrastructure, and consumer goods and retail.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Canadian Tax Foundation – Toronto Young Practitioners’ Steering Committee
- Ontario Bar Association - Member
- Canadian Bar Association - Member
- International Fiscal Association - Member
- Ontario~Canada (2012)
- Osgoode Hall Law School (LL.M. Tax) (2014)
- University of Toronto (J.D.) (2011)
- Wilfrid Laurier University (B.A.) (2008)
Baker & McKenzie LLP, an Ontario limited liability partnership, is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.