Mark Devlin is a counsel in Baker McKenzie’s Frankfurt office who practices primarily in the area of capital markets law. He began practicing law in 1996 and has been resident in Frankfurt since 1998. Mr. Devlin serves as co-head of the Germany chapter of the New York State Bar Association and is a member of the American Bar Association and International Bar Association. He is also a director of the Förderverein Rugbyjugend (Youth Rugby Development Association) SC1880 e.V.
Mr. Devlin advises issuers and underwriters on SEC-registered and exempt equity and debt capital markets transactions. His focus is on cross-border transactions involving corporate and sovereign issuers. In particular, he has advised on IPOs and other share placements, as well as high yield and other debt offerings, of issuers from Germany, Austria, Switzerland, the Netherlands, Poland, Romania, Ukraine, Turkey, Georgia, Israel and the United States. Mr. Devlin also advises on bank finance and corporate transactions.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advised Cassiopea SpA in its IPO.
- Advised the underwriters in the IPO of Aeroporto Guglielmo Marconi di Bologna SpA.
- Advised Fomento de Construcciones y Contratas, SA in its global rights offering.
- Advised Massimo Zanetti Beverage Group SpA in its IPO.
- Advised Bravofly Rumbo Group NV in its IPO.
Prior to joining Baker McKenzie, Mr. Devlin acted on the following matters:
- Advised the underwriters in the global rights offering of Infineon Technologies AG.
- Acted for the finance ministries of Ukraine, Romania and Germany in numerous issuances of sovereign bonds.
- New York~United States (1997)
- Boston University (J.D.) (1996)
- University of Dallas (B.A.) (1984)
Author, "Neue Regeln für Privatplatzierungen in den USA—Börsenaufsicht SEC verabschiedet Zwei-Drittel-Reform," Börsen-Zeitung Nr. 157, August 2013
Speaker, “Getting the Deal Done: Legal Aspects of Listing Shares or Bonds in Germany,” Kirchhoff Consult/Deutsche Börse seminar New Financing Opportunities for Turkish Companies, June 2013
Speaker, “Insider Trading and Market Abuse," Deutsches Aktieninstitut Seminar: Marktmissbrauch – Aktuelle Entwicklung in Europa/Market Abuse – Recent Developments in Europe, October 2012
Speaker, “Financial Transaction Tax and Taxation of Financial Instruments,” Frankfurt Main Finance e.V. Seminar Exchanging Experiences in Becoming a Financial Center: Frankfurt – Istanbul, July 2012