Francois Desmarais is an associate in the Corporate & Securities Practice Group of Baker McKenzie's Toronto office. As a graduate of the University of Ottawa’s joint JD/MBA program, Francois advised private and public sector organizations on projects relating to business strategy and change management. Prior to joining the Firm as an associate, Francois gained experience in capital markets at a boutique firm.
Francois' practice focuses on capital markets, domestic and cross-border M&A, public and private financings, corporate reorganizations, regulatory compliance and general corporate and securities law matters.
- Ontario~Canada (2017)
- University of Ottawa (J.D.) (2016)
- University of Ottawa (M.B.A.) (2016)
- Laurentian University (B.Sc. Chemistry) (2011)
- Co-author, "Hostile Takeover Bids: Offeror Strategies and Defensive Tactics" portion of the "Capital Markets and M&A" practice area in Lexis Practice Advisor, a legal research tool published by LexisNexis in Canada, February 2021
- Co-author, "Timely Disclosure Requirements" portion of the "Capital Markets and M&A" practice area in Lexis Practice Advisor, a legal research tool published by LexisNexis in Canada, December 2019
Baker & McKenzie LLP, an Ontario limited liability partnership, is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.